Ecotech Radion!

1Blazer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquarium Specialty has the Radion on pre order in case anyone was looking for it. Pretty slick looking fixture. Too bad MACNA was soooooo far away this year would have loved to have checked it out in person:cry:

Last edited:

Rockadile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
biggest issue I have with this light is the placement of the fan. with it being on the bottom of the pulling air up through the fixture it is also going to pull salt spray.

milkman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw them today a MACNA. As usual for Ecotech, lots of bells and whistles. I didn't get the fan either. Sticks out like a sore thumb in the middle of the fixture. Don't get me wrong, I like Ecotech and have three Vortechs. I just was not impressed with the new LED fixture.

Doe5ia14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fan placement is a very odd location for it but I'm sure there's a reason for it. I wonder how much salt creep would get in there and how easy is would be to get in there to clean if needed.

chadfarmer

profilux in the house
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i went to maybe get this light but they lost me with a tank with no corals in it to show me how it actually looked, i ended up grabbing 4 AI s instead

pumarjr

Reef-a-Holic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i've had my current LED fixture over my 40 gal for 8 months now and have 0 creep on my fixture ,the tank is rimless btw.

pumarjr

Reef-a-Holic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mr. Saltwater already performed some par readings and was impressed on it's output. Look him up on youtube.

BlueHeaven

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I know about the fixture. The fan draws air in and across the heatsink and out the side vents. "salt air" never comes on contact with any wiring.

KJAG

Rogue
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That color scheme isnt going to work for me personally. Green and Red in an LED fixture have been tested before and are considered "suspect colors" for a reason imo. Also, as others have mentioned, that fan placement is odd and seperates the LED clusters which can only add to more shadowing.Even if the fan draws air in and out the side vents, totally seperate from the wiring, that fan system seems like it would fail much sooner from the salt exposure than if it were on the anterior side of the fixture.Maybe one could disassemble and clean it often to avoid this. Just an opinion.

Last edited:

pmrossetti

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
with tax $800 each!!!!!!! i thought leds were gonna go down lol

get a Sol or Phoenix sheeeesh

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back