Anyone use LRS Frenzy foods

Lockridge49

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone heard of this food I know there are a lot of places on the east coast that sells it but here on the west coast I can only find two stores ? and thoughts I was considering ordering some

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear it's excellent. It's stocked in only a couple west-coast stores because they are a relatively young company, and just recently became able to start expanding out this way. :)

I've seen vids of all kinds of super-picky fish eating it. If I remember correctly, the Waikiki aquarium feeds it to their amazingly rare peppermint angelfish - a pretty strong endorsement, if you ask me. They turned down a $30,000 offer for that fish at one time.

The one and only reason I haven't bought it is the price (which is more than reasonable for the quality.) I will probably do so once I've got the rest of my aquarium equipment taken care of, though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

Lockridge49

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We live about 2 hrs away from San Diego and I think this weekend we are going to make the treck...what we do for our fish haha I heard the coral food is pretty awesome also. I havent come across anything bad about it

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using reef frenzy and there sheets for little over a month now and I will have to say they are great products all my fishes love it.

ReefFrenzy

Shrimp Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I havent come across anything bad about it

Lockridge, thanks for looking into our foods!

As was mentioned we are a two year old company, which has exploded in growth over the past year. Unlike many businesses we spend zero dollars on conventional advertising and instead use online resources, like Facebook groups to connect with our fans. We continue to add 2-5 new stores each week to our network just by word of mouth, and in fact have ceased any outbound "cold calling."

Our dealer map will likely have close to 150 stores listed by the end of the month. We are slowly growing on the west coast, and part of this is due to higher shipping costs.
We can ship a 4 ounce store sample anywhere in the Eastern US from Texas east to New York for about $10. That same sample to CA would have to go via 2 Day Air, and cost me 3 times as much. Therefore we were only sending free store samples to areas we can reach via 1-3 day ground shipping.

However, stores in CA and Portland have heard user reviews and have stepped up to order and stock LRS foods. ALL of these stores have reordered multiple times so it seems to be selling well.

I would be happy to talk to your LFS about bringing in our foods so you can have a local source after you pic some up in San Diego.

I'm always available via phone if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Larry

TriggerThis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it and don't like it at the same time.
Been feeding it for a couple months now.
I like Rods better Bc it feeds my corals more. It's hard to explain but I'll make a list.
Pros and cons to Rods (per my experience)
LRS pros
Super clean, really dense, more food for less money, tiny piece goes a long way, everything eats it, larger pieces
Cons, super clean, larger pieces

Rods pros
Seems like a larger variety of foods in it, smaller pieces, everything eats it, all my corals manage to grab something when feeding the fish, not clean
Cons, not very clean, has more water frozen with it, more money for less food.

The issue I'm having with the LRS is that it's a great fish food and bang for the buck but the corals don't get any. The pieces are too big and the food is too clean. The tangs grab every piece before anything can grab it and if some Zoa does grab a piece it's too big to eat.
The rods is more set up like a chum that when I fed it, it seemed every single animal in the tank had grabbed a piece of it, and growth of everything was exploding due to the "over feeding" of the system.
Now since I'm feeding LRS I have to mince up the food into small pieces and spot feed the corals later on after I feed the fish. With rods I could do it all in one go.

So to each his own I'm just wanting an all in one food Bc I only want to feed twice a day.
But especially those people that don't have many corals and have nitrate problems from all the food waste. This is deff the food you need. You don't even have to drain this stuff!

That is all

OP
OP
L

Lockridge49

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome thanks for you feedback I have two tanks one is FOWLR and one is mixed reef. I am going to give it a try I like how everyone says its so clean. I deff want what in my nano.

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get the reef frenzy for the mix reef they will love it the sheets are great also pic of my fishes getting at some sheets.

e3ahame4.jpg

the haj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Larry,
I sent you a email a couple weeks ago about starting to sell your food in our store. I haven't heard from you can you please email me at [email protected]
Lockridge, thanks for looking into our foods!

As was mentioned we are a two year old company, which has exploded in growth over the past year. Unlike many businesses we spend zero dollars on conventional advertising and instead use online resources, like Facebook groups to connect with our fans. We continue to add 2-5 new stores each week to our network just by word of mouth, and in fact have ceased any outbound "cold calling."

Our dealer map will likely have close to 150 stores listed by the end of the month. We are slowly growing on the west coast, and part of this is due to higher shipping costs.
We can ship a 4 ounce store sample anywhere in the Eastern US from Texas east to New York for about $10. That same sample to CA would have to go via 2 Day Air, and cost me 3 times as much. Therefore we were only sending free store samples to areas we can reach via 1-3 day ground shipping.

However, stores in CA and Portland have heard user reviews and have stepped up to order and stock LRS foods. ALL of these stores have reordered multiple times so it seems to be selling well.

I would be happy to talk to your LFS about bringing in our foods so you can have a local source after you pic some up in San Diego.

I'm always available via phone if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Larry

bbtm64

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is some amazing stuff. My fish, including a green mandarin, love it. My corals have never looked better.

Hands down, the best food I've ever used.

Railcar79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to stop feeding Reef frenzy due to no local supplier, but it was great when it was available.

ReefFrenzy

Shrimp Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to stop feeding Reef frenzy due to no local supplier, but it was great when it was available.

Please email me as I can often get you the food delivered via Fed Ex for cheaper than you might think if you have no local supply.

Larry,
I sent you a email a couple weeks ago about starting to sell your food in our store. I haven't heard from you can you please email me at [email protected]

The Haj,

I apologize I never received any email and my spam folder is empty. Thanks for posting, email sent! Sorry about that.

Larry

Catchem20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using the reef frenzy for over a year now. Fish go crazy and all my corals are doing great. The coral manage to get pieces of the food if I spot feed them. There's more in LRS than meets the eye. The corals are getting food whether you see it or not. I can vouch for Larry and his business. My LFS was one of the originals he started with. Plus, I also worked with Larry before he discovered LRS. He's dedicated to what he believes in. It showed in his previous job and this business. The growth in his business alone in such a short time should be enough proof that the food is worth buying and/or stocking.

dimitrios91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can personally say that LRS has been nothing short of awesome when it's come to feeding my reef aquarium. I have one of the pickiest Royal Gramma's around I believe and it wouldn't eat anyting but Instant Ocean Marine Flakes. Once I contacted LRS after being referred to them by some friends out in CA, he worked with me in getting a shipment directly to my house and also sent a sample to hopefully convince my local LFS to carry his foods as well. I haven't heard back in regards to the LFS accepting, but I can say for a fact, if I did have my own LFS, this would be the exclusive food stocked in my freezer for sale. It's a very clean, very simple food, that can be broken down into the smallest of pieces or left larger if preferred. I've been feeding an RBTA every couple days with the fish frenzy and reef frenzy and it loves the food. I target feed my corals, including zoanthids, which isn't proven to eat or not, but the Paly's, Acans, pretty much every LPS and SPS I have get there share and it shows. Even the inverts go crazy for this food which is good because it leaves no waste. I highly recommend LRS and if I can't get it locally, I'll have it shipped to my door again. It's worth every penny to do so IMO.
Stop hesitating, asking questions and reading reviews about LRS and get ya some, you won't be sorry !!! Thanks LRS !!

cdness

2006 - Present
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Frenzy is great food! I hope to get in touch with them to see if they want to be a part of our local event, but our LFS doesn't sell it. We are getting a new LFS though soon and I am going to send them to LRS and ask they start carrying it.

Currently I make my own food using close to the same process with a bit more of a limited supply of ingredients. If I could avoid doing it myself I would surely do it with LRS.

OP
OP
L

Lockridge49

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was also trying to set up a possible group buy for anybody in Southern California I will be going to a meeting on the 25th and hopefully I can get some people on board !!

Railcar79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
email sent. CDness, definately look into it, it is some real good stuff, used to pack it back from IA all the time.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 140 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.1%
Back