Computer guru's will this work?

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this chinese keyboard but the keys are a tiny bit different. It says it is for my model whic is lenovo g560 but like I said different style keys. what you think?

20150412_132958_zps748fdcb7.jpg

Scubabum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have replaced several laptop keyboards. As long as the connector is the same and the mounting tabs for the keyboard line up, you should be fine.

dormreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As stated above if the connector is the same and it fits into place it should work. Be sure to check if any drivers need to be changed if it doesn't initially work

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats the key, you'll have to install that devices drivers in order for your computer to recognize the correct buttons.

OP
OP
Triggreef

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
eek I was hoping for plug and play. How do I go about finding/installing a driver or knowing which one?

Scubabum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
eek I was hoping for plug and play. How do I go about finding/installing a driver or knowing which one?

I would say at least 90 percent of keyboards I've changed worked without installing drivers. As long as the connector matches and the tabs that hold keyboard into case are the same, you should be golden.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with Scubabum.......changing keyboards (along with system boards, daughter boards, etc.) is part of my job....I have never had to install drivers for a laptop keyboard. As long as the connections are the same (you may even be able to swap ribbon cables from the defective to the new one if they are angled differently or are of different lengths) than it should be fine.

chris82079

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you shouldn't have to install any extra drivers!!!! but also depending on the keyboard settings chances are the keys may not match the american keyboard layout.

OP
OP
Triggreef

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow this sucked I'm usually pretty good at fixing all sorts of stuff but I couldn't even get the old keyboard out. Now I have a bag of parts to bring to someone to fix. :(

Cal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pretty much just screws holding the keyboard from the bottom, then you unclip the ribbon.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on the laptop....sometimes you need to take the plastic bezel off of the top (normally either held in place by screws on the bottom or just plastic clips on top). Once that is off, there is usually a combination of screws both coming from the bottom and the top holding the keyboard in. (For example, Dells have 4 small screws in the top at the bottom of the keyboard as well as 2 longer screws coming up from the bottom.). Easiest way is to to a youtube search for your model.

Back