Help ID coral

mantz88

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need help ID my coral. I have had it for around a month now have seen 0 growth, only seen it open twice. My Zoas have grown quite well in the month. I'm not even sure if i'm posting in the right section. I was so excited to be buying my first coral I made the mistake of not asking what it was. Just went off the ohh that looks pretty I want that one.

JMMJ13902

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks like a favia bud. If it was a fresh cut it can takes a month to recover and then start to take off. It looks happy and healthy so expecting to have some growth soon.

Nice piece.

Tab28

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it is in favia family. Try feeding it. If i have a new frag that needs not be the runt in the recess yard. I feed it by turning off all pumps have my food mixture. Turkey baster some in the center. If your water perimeters are in check and it is healthy it will open its mouth and eat the food. Will grow much faster.

OP
OP
mantz88

mantz88

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the help guys.

Hey JMMJ13902 I cant help but notice you are from Wichita I actually got this little guy from The Aquarium in old town.

JMMJ13902

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for the help guys.

Hey JMMJ13902 I cant help but notice you are from Wichita I actually got this little guy from The Aquarium in old town.

Oh really? You coming up here often? We have a local forum if you are interested to join.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 41.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%
Back