Hello all

banjowalker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I'm from morganton NC, <br />
<br />
I've raised freshwater tanks since I was knee high to a grasshopper. It's always been a dream of mine to have a saltwater tank and I just recently purchased a 75 gal drilled tank with a 20 gallon sump. I've been in the process of setting the tank up for the past month including resealing and water testing. I have got 50 lbs of base rock and about 60 gallons of water (Red Sea salt mix) along with 80lbs of sand, and I am waiting to buy the live rock and waiting to put the 40lbs of live sand in. I have been researching saltwater for about 6 years now and since I bought a new house, I only thought it was fitting to get my first saltwater tank, I have two reef breeders led units above my tank. I also have a sea urchin protein skimmer along with everything else to start my tank. I am a fish enthusiast in a sea of people who don't understand why. I would love to find people that live around me to help me through this big first step. Tips, tricks, or anything else will be greatly appreciated. I will be setting up a reef tank and I have planned a stock list already. Glad to join such a good forum.<br/>

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to REEF2REEF! We're very glad you joined and hope that you will enjoy the forums, enter contest, start a tank thread, and just be a part of our family friendly community!

Start a new tank thread here: Member Tanks

Enter a FREE contest here: R2R Giveaway and Contest Forum

Thanks for joining and please make sure and post often!

19-1.gif

G_Sanab922

Keys Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome ! Check out your local club forum section to find other awesome reefers in your area! Where are you located if you don't mind me asking?

G_Sanab922

Keys Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea you might have to travel farther then. That's my situation right now. I have to travel a minimum 1 hour for events and to buy frags from other reefers. So I really have to plan it out and make a day of it.

OP
OP
banjowalker

banjowalker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea you might have to travel farther then. That's my situation right now. I have to travel a minimum 1 hour for events and to buy frags from other reefers. So I really have to plan it out and make a day of it.
Yeah Thanks for your help! I've connected with a couple that are about an hour

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 28.2%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back