Dansreeftank rebuild

danangelo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do to unfortunate circumstances beyond my control needed to breakdown and sell all my livestock. .I don't look at it as a negative but a reason for me to things a certain way to make it easier and more enjoyable and make changes to things that I seen could've been better from the first time..I am going to make it simple system. .and the display more artistic if I can as much as possible. .I will take my time this time around...comments and advice welcome as I go.

here's the tank empty ...I am making changes with equipment as well..more to come with videos also..thanks for looking

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking forward to the rebuild!

OP
OP
danangelo

danangelo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will be going bare bottom this time and this is what i am using an abs plastic it has a texture looks like sand a little

so the tank is off the stand the modification begins. .and also a new aquascaping is gonna be different I got rocks on order..

OP
OP
danangelo

danangelo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Some of the panels are on need to cut more pieces and also sanded the stand..

First coat of paint and primer making progress..still got lots of work to do..

OP
OP
danangelo

danangelo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

A little update stand and aquascape still need alot of work but its getting there
Input and comments welcome

fishroomlady

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it looks really nice! I think a little more rock on another island maybe would look good.

OP
OP
danangelo

danangelo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made some more progress with stand just need to finish the doors and the wiring it will be close to done.

fishroomlady

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow, you are getting things done! tank looks awesome - love the blue color in your stand - very nice touch! your scape is very unique! I love how you have the tank up against the white wall with the white blinds, that will really make your tank and its inhabitants stand out!!

OP
OP
danangelo

danangelo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow, you are getting things done! tank looks awesome - love the blue color in your stand - very nice touch! your scape is very unique! I love how you have the tank up against the white wall with the white blinds, that will really make your tank and its inhabitants stand out!!
Thank you very much for your comments. .my wife had lots of input into deciding on how to setup this time around I really like how much brighter it made it look in the room compared from the last color of the stand one change can make so much of a difference. .and the tank is standing out well with all the white around it..it looks more refreshing. .

OP
OP
danangelo

danangelo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

made the frame need to make the removable cover then finish quick disconnect wiring just in case have to replace a fan..

OP
OP
danangelo

danangelo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here's a little update

finished the mount of my fan just need to finish hiding the wires

so I decided to just use my old sump that I made and added a sock holder and bubble trap..I will just build a display fuge that I can remove if I decide to go back to full zeovit or jus make another sump later on..got the measurements for the fuge and ato container just need to pick up some acrylic and or maybe build the fuge from glass I havent decided yet ..

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back