Jamied's nano to osaka 320 build

jamied

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey folks

recently joined and was encouraged to start a thread about my tank/s so thought i would stick one up, originally i had 6ft tropical fish tank for around 7-8 years but lost interest as i didnt really have a challenge with it anymore, so when i moved house i decided just to sell my tank, had always planned to start another once i was settled in new house but one thing after another stopped me doing it and eventually gave up thoughts of a new tank. a couple of years later a guy i work with had bought a tank and started doing saltwater fish. i was hooked straight away and didnt waste any time in purchasing a boyu tl550 nano tank and stand with all the equipment and live rock, after around 6 months i got the tank to a stage i was pretty happy with the tank and contents which were 1 occ clown, small regal (hippo) tang, coral beauty, royal gramma, 2 cleaner shrimp and a few hermits. i recently sold the tang as it was getting too big for tank which made me realise i needed a bigger tank to keep me happy. i then got word of a fluval osaka 320 tank and stand going cheap so went and purchased it around 2 months ago. i still have the nano running and will keep it that way until i have the big one running, may keep the nano as a species tank or as a quarentine tank. I am now just buying bits and peices as i can afford it and hopefully within the next few months i will have the tank up and running, i have currently bought 20kg of dried live rock (mix of fiji and base), spent 2 weeks messing about with rock until i got a scape i was happy with, anyway i will stich a few pics up and i will update my progress as i go with pics and probably be annoying you all for advice haha, my plan is to drill the back of the osaka (bottom glass is tempered so cant drill that), run the herbie method twin durso pipes (32mm) and a single 25mm return pipe with a jebao dc 6000 pump, will customize the stand so i can fit a decent sized 3 or 4 compartment sump with a calcium reactor, and deltec mce600 hob skimmer, deep sand bed and live rock from the nano, might run a small refugium aswell but not sure yet, anyway heres a few random pics of my nano, osaka, and aquascape for the osaka, thanks for taking the time to read this :tongue:

nano tank

aquascape for new tank

osaka 320

OP
OP
J

jamied

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pics of the osaka are from the advert i bought it from, i havnt took any pics of it yet as i havnt done anything with it up to this point

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 131 74.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 16 9.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back