My cube O sticks...

DGee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll kick this off with a current FTS... I'll add more info later on this afternoon.

OP
OP
DGee

DGee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got what I'm calling the super sps frag pack coming up for sale here in the next week or so.

OP
OP
DGee

DGee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weird I can't edit my first post... This tank has been running for about 7 months now most all of the corals were either started from mini colonies or frags, a couple pieces I had re-homed in my mother in-laws tank while I took a break from the hobby.
Here's the basics.

30x30x18 Envision tank

DIY acrylic basic 2 chamber sump with 5 gallon reserve tank built in for ato controlled buy a Tunze 3155

Reef Octopus SRO XP3000 Skimmer (yes I like big skimmers on small tanks)

ATI 8x24w Dimmable Sunpower

2 BRS dosing pumps controlled by an Apex

Flow is handled by an MP-40w and a MP-10w

Livestock is a Christmas Wrasse, Small Blue Hiippo, pair of Onyx Clowns, 2 kupang damsels 6-7 Chromis.

Here's a few coral pics, I'll dig up some equipment pics in the next few days.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DGee

DGee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run all ATI bulbs, front to back:

Blue +
Coral +
Actinic
Purple +
Blue +
Actinic
Coral +
Blue +

One thing to mention is that I've also got a 54w ATI Powermodule with the same combo over my frag tank and it's not quite as purple. On the dimmable sunpower it fluctuates spectrum throughout the day since it's automatically ramping the fans up and down to keep the bulbs at optimal temp.

Jimbo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FTS not showing for me for some reason. I have a very similar set up, couple of questions. Height of the ATI Sunpower above the water? Photoperiod ? Are you running the MP40 and the MP10 at 100%?

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very beautiful SPS reef!! What is the yellow and pink acro to the right of the green bottlebrush?

wrenchhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am curious about how high the light is above the tank as well. Also, what duration and % are you running? I am running the same fixture/bulb combo on a 16" tall tank but my colors are no where near as nice.

Beautiful Tank!! Great pics!

OP
OP
DGee

DGee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FTS not showing for me for some reason. I have a very similar set up, couple of questions. Height of the ATI Sunpower above the water? Photoperiod ? Are you running the MP40 and the MP10 at 100%?

The bottom of the fixture is at 8" above the water line.

My lighting schedule is as follows.

CH1

8:00 ON
8:20 100%
20:00 100%
21:30 OFF

CH2

8:20 50%
10:00 100%
19:00 100%
20:30 OFF

Both of the Vortech pumps at at 100% and both in reef crest mode. The MP-10 is stashed in the back of the rock work, it just blows through the shelves mainly to help keep crud from collecting back in the rock work.

OP
OP
DGee

DGee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very beautiful SPS reef!! What is the yellow and pink acro to the right of the green bottlebrush?

That's what's left of a wild piece my buddy named the dill pickle, sadly he lost the mother colony so all that's left is the small piece in my tank. I do have a frag of it in my pack though.

Not the best photo of it.

OP
OP
DGee

DGee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful reef! I could never turn an anemone, as much as I love them, loose in that tank!

Thanks!

There's definitely been a few times the anemone has found itself close to going to a new home. It's an amazing purple footed rose which you never seem to see anymore and pretty much the only reason I keep it. My clowns don't even host it although I'm still hopeful someday they will.

For the most part it stays put, I pulled it out and chopped it in half about two months ago and it took a little training to keep it in that spot. Once it refuses to stay put it'll have to go.

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank! :) Found this thread after you made a post on RC. Do you run GAC or GFO on this tank? What does the filtration consist of?

OP
OP
DGee

DGee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank! :) Found this thread after you made a post on RC. Do you run GAC or GFO on this tank? What does the filtration consist of?

Thanks, I've actually torn down this tank over the last two weeks and I'm in the process of doing a tank upgrade to a 48x30x19.

I don't run any GFO or GAC in my tanks, filtration is very basic. Filter socks changed out once per week and a large skimmer SRO 2000 with a DiabloDC 3500 pump. Other than that I do a water change about every two months or so... Usually about 5%. Nothing too fancy, I've run all my sps tanks like this for years and had great success.

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I've actually torn down this tank over the last two weeks and I'm in the process of doing a tank upgrade to a 48x30x19.

I don't run any GFO or GAC in my tanks, filtration is very basic. Filter socks changed out once per week and a large skimmer SRO 2000 with a DiabloDC 3500 pump. Other than that I do a water change about every two months or so... Usually about 5%. Nothing too fancy, I've run all my sps tanks like this for years and had great success.

Thanks for the info. You had a great little tank here. Very impressed with the SPS colours with such a simple system.

Do you have a build thread for the new setup? Would love to follow your progress with the new tank. :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back