Well done!

alberthiel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well done!
Thanks I appreciate it and as I said the Nano-Reef Aquariums book has a longer section on them, and on a lot more fishes for the Nano Reef, lots and lots more fishes and corals of course as well.

The fish section is around 80 pages and the coral section is over 100 pages, with color images aplenty !

goodtimes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How was the barnacle incorporated into the burrow entrance? I assume it was setup for the jawfish.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

goodtimes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Albert-
What are feelings on the jawfish condo? I have read articles about it being unnatural for the jawfish to not dig his own tunnels. I had a pearly for a couple years and viewing from the bottom of the tank it doesn't appear that he had tunnels in the sand, more of a cave.

alberthiel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Albert-
What are feelings on the jawfish condo? I have read articles about it being unnatural for the jawfish to not dig his own tunnels. I had a pearly for a couple years and viewing from the bottom of the tank it doesn't appear that he had tunnels in the sand, more of a cave.
That usually occurs IME when the sand substrate mix is not the right kind and is too thin and basically crumbles when the fish digs the burrow and tunnneling that is supposed to go with it. What substrate are you using if it is happening to yours ?

goodtimes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That makes sense, I had garf grunch which worked great but the instance I spoke of I just had a finer grain sand with no larger particles.
Would you use the PVC structure for a jawfish?

alberthiel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That makes sense, I had garf grunch which worked great but the instance I spoke of I just had a finer grain sand with no larger particles.
Would you use the PVC structure for a jawfish?
You could but not too long so it can dig further into the substrate mix .... just use the right mix of substrate in the area where the Jawfish is, you do not need it in the entire aquarium, just maybe a 6x6 area or so where your JW is.

Back