OP
K

KMM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mandarin Dragonet Eating Nutramar Ova

Attached is a video of Puffington eating Nutramar Ova. He also eats copepods that I maintain in a separate breeder tank.

[video=youtube_share;N9VG10C0V88]http://youtu.be/N9VG10C0V88[/video]

OP
OP
K

KMM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have many more pictures of my tank under the albums section of my profile. If you would like to view them, please do so. Thank you for taking the time to view my tank!

steventaylor702

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love your tank. The only thing I could say is take extra care of the manderin goby they are beautiful fish and are quite hard to care for especially in a tank that small. They have a high metabolism and have to eat constantly to remain healthy

OP
OP
K

KMM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Steven,
Thank you very much for your reply and I appreciate your comments. I am aware of the mandarin's needs and I do realize that the tank is a bit small for him. However he is our only fish and along with feeding him the Nutramar Ova three times a day (we are fortunate that he does eat frozen foods), I also keep our tank stocked with copepods and amphipods. I actually have a separate breeding tank that I keep specifically for breeding copepods just for our mandarin. It does take quite a lot of time and effort to keep the copepods stocked in the tank, but I truly enjoy caring for him. I would definitely say that this type of fish is not for everyone and is a lot of work to keep in a tank this small, but it is well worth the effort.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back