Hentz's IM Fusion 40 (Picture Heavy)

Hentz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I wasn't happy with the dimensions of my shallow reef - 30x15x12. I've learned that I'm happier LOOKING at shallow reefs rather than owning one. I just can't do 12" tall lol.

Of course I find a great deal on a new IM Fusion 40 and fall in love with it. I've had the Nuvo 38 in the past and aside from my 75, it was one of my favorite tanks.

Purchasing the tank, my LFS owner twisted my arm and made me buy an EcoTech Marine XR150 Pro and mount haha. Really grateful I did, it's an amazing light and my corals so far are responding very well to it.

So I present to you folks, my IM Fusion 40.

Equipment:
- IM Fusion 40
- 45W 110v/60Hz 476 Gallons Per Hour Pump
- EcoTech MP10
- EcoTech MP10 (In the works, got to replace the dry-side.)
- EcoTech XR15w PRO
- Eheim 75w Heater
- Cadlights PLS-50 Skimmer (Possibly)

Livestock:
- I plan on doing heavy SPS and Zoas. A few LPS maybe here and there.
- Keeping the bioload to a minimum.
- 2 Black Onyx Clownfish
- Yellow Watchman Goby
- Royal Gramma

Keep in mind, this tank is new and I've got some SPS/Zoa colonies in here. This is all transferred from my previous 75 Gallon tank, so everything is already seeded, cycled, and matured!

URL=http://s1350.photobucket.com/user/HentzReef/media/image_zpsqoso5zfp.jpg.html]
image_zpsqoso5zfp.jpg
[/URL]

OP
OP
H

Hentz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a couple Zoa shots!

Orange Bam Bams

Sunny D's! A very vibrant strand a friend gave me a frag of!

nanoman28g

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice set up! This is exactly what I want in the future! I got the baby tank of this one, which is the nuvo fusion 10g and love it.

OP
OP
H

Hentz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked up the Cadlights PLS-50 Skimmer today from a local reefer. It's definitely shooting out micro bubbles, hopefully it breaks in soon because it's ruining my pristine clear water look haha.

Here's a pic from earlier this morning. Sun was shining through the blinds and got my pink mille. Nice 5000k look!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very nice!!

OP
OP
H

Hentz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone!

Whatever it is, my colors are coming out like crazy! Nothing like I've ever seen before. These Radions or this Color package from Red Sea is doing great!

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NICE tank.

Sfgiants55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like the light? Do you notice good growth and color on your sps? I'm thinking of getting a radion xr15 for a new nano sps tank! Thanks.

OP
OP
H

Hentz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like the light? Do you notice good growth and color on your sps? I'm thinking of getting a radion xr15 for a new nano sps tank! Thanks.

I've literally had the light for about a week lol. Can't tell you anything yet. I will say though, I have noticed better colors. My SPS corals acclimated surprisingly quickly. Crazy polyp extension during night-time hours and day-time hours. My purples are coming back strong already.

OP
OP
H

Hentz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some updated videos!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dzT33L1HcZ0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Underwater corals with the GoPro Hero 4
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/M4l38F74nVY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OP
OP
H

Hentz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am officially T5!
Got my ATI 6x24 Dimmable T5 in today. Bought it used from a member known as dodgerblew.
The way it was packaged, was probably better than it was when purchased new lol. Fixture is VERY well taken care of.
Went ahead with the bulb combo of:
Front
Blue +
Coral +
Blue +
Coral +
Blue +
Blue +
Back

Has quite a bit of a blue tint, obviously. So may throw in 1 more Coral + to even it out.

Currently hanging it 7 1/2" from the tank, highest coral is 13" down. Will probably be raising it to about 12" due to the fact that its an ATI and it has brand new ATI bulbs.

So far so good. I'm sure this fixture will be pushing out incredible amounts of PAR and treating my SPS very good!

Jfaiii

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I love the look of your tank! I currently have a 75 gallon mixed reef and am getting ready to downsize due to an upcoming move. I am looking for a good all in one that will be easier to move than a big tank with sump. My number one option right now is the innovative marine fusion 40. How do you like it? any things you don't like? Also I have a radion that I was planning on running over it and am curious why you decided to switch from your to a T5 fixture?

OP
OP
H

Hentz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I love the look of your tank! I currently have a 75 gallon mixed reef and am getting ready to downsize due to an upcoming move. I am looking for a good all in one that will be easier to move than a big tank with sump. My number one option right now is the innovative marine fusion 40. How do you like it? any things you don't like? Also I have a radion that I was planning on running over it and am curious why you decided to switch from your to a T5 fixture?

I'd say stick with your number one option! I've had the Nuvo 38 (this tanks older brother) and I loved it. This one is THAT much better with the sleek design and contemporary look. Also I'm a huge fan of black silicon. Things I don't like? hmm.... not much lol. I like everything about it. Though I can't wait to go back to a sump, or just in general, a stand that I have access too underneath so I can hide all the cords.
I switched, simply due to coverage. Single puck from the XR15w wasn't doing it for me. I tried T5 from a friends fixture, loved it, then my Radion crapped out. At that moment, I was pure T5 and I was amazed ad the color and PE I had. I got this ATI fixture over, and I haven't looked back. Infact, I don't think my corals have every looked or grew better. I've noticed great growth in 2 short weeks of switching to ATI.

OP
OP
H

Hentz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little update! Tank is doing great. Numbers are finally stabilizing which is awesome. Finally got my hands on a PAR meter. Numbers weren't where I wanted them, so I lowered the fixture to increase the PAR. Will give it a few weeks and adjust accordingly again if I start frying my corals.

Jfaiii

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say stick with your number one option! I've had the Nuvo 38 (this tanks older brother) and I loved it. This one is THAT much better with the sleek design and contemporary look. Also I'm a huge fan of black silicon. Things I don't like? hmm.... not much lol. I like everything about it. Though I can't wait to go back to a sump, or just in general, a stand that I have access too underneath so I can hide all the cords.
I switched, simply due to coverage. Single puck from the XR15w wasn't doing it for me. I tried T5 from a friends fixture, loved it, then my Radion crapped out. At that moment, I was pure T5 and I was amazed ad the color and PE I had. I got this ATI fixture over, and I haven't looked back. Infact, I don't think my corals have every looked or grew better. I've noticed great growth in 2 short weeks of switching to ATI.

This is really good to know. I was planning on using my single puck XR15 as well but now I think I may go with an orphek compact instead. Can I ask how you have the back chambers set up? I see you have a skimmer, is it the cad? are you using upgraded media baskets?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 32 56.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 8.8%
Back