Lighting Question?

lah0804

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All,
I have a 46gal bow front and currently have tube lighting. I am wanting to switch over to LED's however navigating all the options has left me more confused than when I started. Any insight into which LED system is the best would be great. I would love to get a system that will go thru the lunar cycle and have to option to simulate storms and what not. I have a $500 limit and would be open to buying on amazon or ebay. Please let me know whats worked best for you and if you recomend two light panels or any systems that only need one. Thanks in advance for any help guys.

OP
OP
L

lah0804

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to Purchase LED's, now where to start?

Hey All,
I have a 46gal bow front and currently using tube lighting. I want to switch to LED's and would love to find a system that will go thru the lunar cycle and give the option for storm simulation. I have searched the web and am more confused than when I started! I have a $500 limit and would buy from amazon or ebay. Any help would be great guys, the amount of LED's out there are just too extensive and I am worried about getting a piece of crap. Whats worked for you? I would love to just have one panel but let me know if you recommend two. Thanks!!

CKI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to have Reef Radiance lights ... its a good fixture. Just didnt work out with my corals but I do know many who use em and are happy

saltjunky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look at orphek much better light lot better costumer service and have a light for that size for between 400 to 600 and they have all the stuff you want

saltjunky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look into orphek better light and better customer service I have r.r. and not very happy

saltjunky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Issue is I was sent a damaged light emailed about it and was told nothing was going to be done and have been ignored ever since I was just telling how it was for me if the last line should not have went here sorry for that

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Issue is I was sent a damaged light emailed about it and was told nothing was going to be done and have been ignored ever since I was just telling how it was for me if the last line should not have went here sorry for that
She is correct, if you have a complaint you can post a Thread in Vendor Feedback

saltjunky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sorry she asked for the reason i answered Then who ever needs to to remove my commits from this thread please do

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sorry she asked for the reason i answered Then who ever needs to to remove my commits from this thread please do
No worries, you are entitled to your opinion on lighting, of which you stated above, I see nothing wrong with that post. If you don't like em, you don't like em.

jokervueboi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I enjoy my 240 from RR and it's been great! I have mostly LPS and softies. My ZOAs are growing like crazy, and especially my softies like xenia. but i have a 24hr cycle. light starts from 9am to 9pm. u can set the intesity from 0% to 100%. and i think they have it at 5 or 10min intervals, so that you have even more control. i'm lazy and just did the hourly interval, copying the sun up and sun down.

Back