CUC for 24 nano

81Shaun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi, what cuc should I add to my 24 nano? just concerned about adding to much of a cuc and them starve. right now I have two fish. a yellow tail damsel and a firefish. no aggression from the yellow tail. anyhow planning on adding a pair of clownfish soon. im planning on using some chemipure elite and purigen on my media basket and running my tunze9002 skimmer with the steve t collection cup. right now still going through the diatom thing and notice some hair algae growing on the 2lb live rock I purchased from the lfs but I just was wondering whether or not to add a cuc ? if so what ? and how many? thanks

eliramos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would maybe do 5-7 blue legs a few 1-2 snails and maybe a nassarius you don't really have much to clean from what I'm seeing lol
just remember to toss a little extra food for the little guys during feeding time and you shouldn't have any losses.
But the hermits can be cannibalistic so be weary of that.

OP
OP
81Shaun

81Shaun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay thanks for the help. yeah not much really to the 24 but just a start out tank actually thinking about buying the 28 led nano

Reef.ductionist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sea Cucumber? If Im not mistaken if these become stressed they can/will release toxins which in a closed system can destroy all your other corals...
in a larger system the increase in water volume acts as sort of a buffer but in a nano your courting disaster.
I would not add one.
If you want clean sand add a few fighting conch snails: they clean the sand too I believe.
Cheers

OP
OP
81Shaun

81Shaun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah that 29 bio cube ive been thinking about getting that instead. what skimmer do you use? the 24 nano is pretty nice only thing really don't like about it is I wish the back was open to install a hob skimmer. the 28 led has a open back so a person can use a hob skimmer.

OP
OP
81Shaun

81Shaun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sea Cucumber? who said anything about a Sea Cucumber ?thanks

Back