Little white bugs

Mr tooheys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there guy,,,my question is my tank has been up and running for about 11 months now and I can't seem to get rid off theses little white bugs they are all over the glass and flaoting in the water. There been there for ages will they go away soon.. And down in the sump there are millions off them some are really big and look like little prawns

OP
OP
Mr tooheys

Mr tooheys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah right ,,, the thing is I have predator fish,,lion fish triggers and puffers plus a zebra moray eel... Would those fish benefit from those little white bugs

Dalmatia

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'd probably be ok getting a wrasse as long as there's no sharks or rays.
Mandarin would probably be lunch for the eel, trigger or lion

alohadood

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The little white bugs will be copepods. They are good for your system so let them be. Detritivors, and very good at it. You don't need a fish to predate them. Furthermore lions and mandarins are a very strict no compatability. And what kind of lion do you have. Wrasse would be OK with most lions so
Ave a Russell's or Volitan. They will both get far too big and eat anything that fits in their craw. And depending on what type of trigger it is you may have trouble with it picking your lion apart in the future as well.

Tldr: copepods. They b cool don't mess wit em

tyler1503

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah right ,,, the thing is I have predator fish,,lion fish triggers and puffers plus a zebra moray eel... Would those fish benefit from those little white bugs

Sounds like the tank I've always wanted!! Got pics?
I'm assuming your aussie with a name like that lol. I don't think we have a copepod seller here in aus. Atleast not one that any LFS I know of can track down. If there's enough copepods there to collect I'm sure plenty of people will take them off your hands :)

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 154 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back