Filter Matenance

ben310135

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a fluval 305 canister filter which has bio foam, biomax bio rings and carbon. Along with that I have a reef REEF OCTOPUS BH-90 HOB PROTEIN SKIMMER. Currently I have 30lbs of live rock (I know I have to get more) and 2 blue reef chromis and a cuc right now. I do 10% water changes every week. I am wondering about how often I should be cleaning out the sponges and the other media ?

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Filters should be cleaned out once a week, to keep thw garbage from building up and thus causing water param issues.

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run a similar canister filter. I do weekly water changes every week. I rinse the biomax rings and sponges in the dirty water change water to get the detritus out. I also replace one sponge and one carbon bag a week. It is also a good idea to clean the filter tubes periodically.

bond300

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run a similar canister filter. I do weekly water changes every week. I rinse the biomax rings and sponges in the dirty water change water to get the detritus out. I also replace one sponge and one carbon bag a week. It is also a good idea to clean the filter tubes periodically.

I had a canister....it had to go leaked ....went to a HOB ML 350 on my 90G Reef change out filters once a month too easy

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back