Shipping zoas to Europe?!

BillyC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone tried before? The buyer understands that there is no live arrival guarantee and that it will take 2-3 business days with express shipping.

Any insight, advice, or information is greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
BillyC

BillyC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read on another thread that zoanthids don't need special CITES. Especially if you are not a vendor. Can anyone confirm or elborate on this?

kfd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i got a good pack from the states to asia. 16 frags, 1 dead, 2 not yet open.
BillyC, are you willing to ship to asia? Can you pm me what is available? i still got a big list to hunt...

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Illegal to ship outside of the USA no matter what country or type of coral unless you have an import/export licenses along with the receiver as well as the correct permits including CITIES. Also, all coral must be cleared by customs/US Fish and Wildlife in which a broker is needed to do so.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BillyC

BillyC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Illegal to ship outside of the USA no matter what country or type of coral unless you have an import/export licenses along with the receiver as well as the correct permits including CITIES. Also, all coral must be cleared by customs/US Fish and Wildlife in which a broker is needed to do so.

Wow didn't know that! Thanks man.

i got a good pack from the states to asia. 16 frags, 1 dead, 2 not yet open.
BillyC, are you willing to ship to asia? Can you pm me what is available? i still got a big list to hunt...

Yes I am willing to ship anywhere as long as the seller realizes the risks of the package being seized by customs or corals DOA ;)

chort55

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow didn't know that! Thanks man.

Yes I am willing to ship anywhere as long as the seller realizes the risks of the package being seized by customs or corals DOA ;)

Pretty sure you can get in trouble shipping them out of the states as well w/o proper procedure as mentioned above ;)

big tang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zoas and paly's can be ship out of the u.s. as long as they are not on any rock or hard coral pieces.They can be placed on a plug or disc. Cities is only needed for rock or hard coral. I live in Canada and order from the states all the time.Once I order some palys from a vender state side and customs kept them because of the live rock they were on I was told by customs.
Since then I make sure they're are on plugs with NO live rock.

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might give this a shot and try to ship zoas out of country. I was always under the impression it's a pain to do so

Hypnotize

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates?

I´m trying to find a few jawbreaker babies but that won´t happen in Germany. So i want to buy them in the us and get them shipped on my risk to Germany.

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I managed to ship to Spain not so long ago but the person in Spain had a ups account he basically did all the leg work "set up pickup, emailed me the cities and pre payed for shipping label" all I had to do was package the corals and wait for ups to pickup

shawy2510

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I know the guy in Spain & helps ypu when sending. but normally the seller sorts that out.

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get pms and messages on fb to ship zoas to UK. You're fairly experienced now Shawy, teach us the ways of shipping our buds over seas!

shawy2510

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get pms and messages on fb to ship zoas to UK. You're fairly experienced now Shawy, teach us the ways of shipping our buds over seas!

I have had lots of orders now & shipping I would say is pretty easy. Sometimes I have them shipped in heatsealed bags & sometimes the same but with the capsules over the top like Pz send. Now its getting colder here a heatpack would be needed also.

Its still risky importing & I have had packages seized before.

Fedex do not ship live animals once this side so unless you are saying its something its not it will be seized ( happened to me before )

Ups allow them to be shipped but again when declaring as zoas they normally open the parcel to examine whats in there. This then leads to an extra day shipping which would be 3 days & you do get a lower survival rate.

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so then if you were TO "LIE about whats in the package" What would you say is in the package if i were to ship to the UK or any forigen country??

if i am able to ship i sure would put some stuff out there.

JK1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so then if you were TO "LIE about whats in the package" What would you say is in the package if i were to ship to the UK or any forigen country??

if i am able to ship i sure would put some stuff out there.

Aquarium decoration is a popular way of listing. Not technically lying either, just being selective with the truth. Like Shawy says they are legal to import/export without permits but labelling as zoas or coral will see them delayed and most likely dead :(

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 173 67.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back