Few questions about adding livestock to new tank

Bradsreeeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i started my 10 gallon tank last night with liverock, live sand and natraul ocean water. My qustions are: When my tanks done cycling can i add my corals from old setup all at once and fish? When do you think i should add my tomatoe clown? i started the tank yesterday night. i was thinking adding the clown on Thursday? And add all coral on Friday?:xd: Also this tank is filled to top with liverock, if that makes a diffrence.

Last edited:

joshuaccarnes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a 10g nano before I got my biocube. I don't mean to discourage you or anything ubut I found it impossible to keep my water stable but looking back this is the advice I can give:
Let that tank cycle for AT LEAST 3 or 4 weeks(while checking ammonia, nitrites, & nitrates). Once it's done just think of adding corals (depending upon your lighting) and stick to small crustacean and 1 or two fish and that's it.

Hope this helps!

OP
OP
B

Bradsreeeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Josh i have well over 20lb in there! And i upgraded my lights to leds in my bio cube, worst advice i ever got! Way too powerful they were non dimmable! many other probs with my bio cube, so id thought to try this 10 gallon. Bump! need more info please

trukgirl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they are both OK up and running it would be better to add things slowly. Add one or two things, wait for it to cycle again, then add another.

jstec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took my ten gallon a week to cycle used start fast 8lbs of live rock and some filter media from my other tank If I was you I would just take it slow adding things and test every day before you put anything fancy in there try out a mushroom or a polyp not very many good things can happen when establishing a new tank is rushed and not to discourage you but personally I think that a tomato clown in a ten with 20lbs of rock is not the best thing long term for the fish and it will probably be the only thing you could keep in there because of there temperament

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back