"Seriously"

heathd.hd

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many of us feel as cool as fish and coral .... 6 thousand dollar fish and 2 thousand dollar 1" frags feel it's ridiculous? Lol just feeling kinda weird about my obsession today!

OP
OP
heathd.hd

heathd.hd

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess I'm the only one that feels stupid about having a ton of money in a box with water in my house is odd? Even though I love it!

PatW

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suppose some people have money to burn or they really prioritize the spending for their hobby. I don't much care about it. What they spend is up to them.

Karen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hubby just about had a heart attack today. $30.00 for a ruby red mandarin was fine with him. Another $20.00 for the pods was the jaw dropper. Then I find them for $9.99 plus free shipping this evening. Guess what next time I need to replenish my pods.

As for what anybody else spends, it's their money not mine.

OP
OP
heathd.hd

heathd.hd

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I'm not giving anyone a hard time with this post besides myself! I don't currently own a home I'm renting still and I have upwards of 4G in my fish tank. Not that I can't afford it but sometimes we just need to laugh at ourselves. Make sure I stay on target here instead of going crazy with my tank.

KorD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love this hobby, and try not to think of what stuff costs... I get depress or get that feeling I'm totally nuts for doing this :)

I just picked an RO/DI system... Granted I only got the 50gpd one... it still ran me $110... I know it will same me in the long run of running to the LFS every time I need more water, but I still had to talk myself into spending the cash.. LOL

OP
OP
heathd.hd

heathd.hd

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The worst part about hobbies and me is I have to get the best of everything or I'm unhappy. Lol

Karen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The worst part for me is that all of those bills get in the way of being able to buy what I want. I just got the second fish in my tank today about three months after the last addition.

Reef Junky150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to pay to play and in this hobby you get what you pay for. IE: hydor vs tunze
Their are ways to cut cost save money with out cutting corners. People all the time are getting out selling high end gently used equipment and live stock for reasonable prices and if you can have host go to local frag swaps.
But seriously yes, you can easily drop a k in a weekend up shopping upgrading or additional live stock. I remember when purple tangs and chevrons were a third of the price as nowadays :)
Happy reefing!

fishroomlady

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been at this a very long time and have had 3 tanks - I try to not think about my total expenditures because it would be very depressing I'm sure :) I just call my tank my mercedes benz in my living room

zesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love this hobby, and try not to think of what stuff costs... I get depress or get that feeling I'm totally nuts for doing this :)

I just picked an RO/DI system... Granted I only got the 50gpd one... it still ran me $110... I know it will same me in the long run of running to the LFS every time I need more water, but I still had to talk myself into spending the cash.. LOL

I agree, I did the same thing. Ran around to the LFS to get water. It was too much running and what happened is I would skip a water change here and there. Once I got the unit hooked up in my house, I always have water on hand and ready. It's one of those, you'll soon be glad you bought it purchases.

I get beat up for buying equipment to upgrade or make processes easier all the time. I really would have those days of just going overboard. I keep telling myself I'm going to get to "this point a" where I can sit back and not be thinking about what I need to fix next. That is the part that I'm beginning to question, am I ever going to be satisfied??? ahhhh, don't answer! Leave me in the dark!

OP
OP
heathd.hd

heathd.hd

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was a bit inebriated when I started this thread lol but. I wasn't trying to rant on the price of things but more on all of us being a bit crazy starting with me! Lol

reelsilly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always laugh at myself when I buy stuff. I get mad, cuss myself a bit, blame other folks for the price now days, but get happy when I see everything in my tank.

I've been doing this hobby for a while and the growing trend is inflation, in which admittedly, I understand.

I love this hobby and I would love to go back to the days of purple tangs being 85.00. If I would have known then, I would have stocked up...LOL.

ONE THING I CAN SAY, I really don't regret spending as much as I have one bit. My ideals have changed over the years and now I buy maricultured and aquacultured and will soon purchase only aquaculture specimens. With that said, "prepare the wallet captain" ****.

juggalogentry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel the same way sometimes but ill tell you one thing for sure, at least when i look at my tank i see almost every dollar, which is more than you can say for other more destructive habits and hobbies one could take up

Back