Protein Skimmer Troubles

TheNowMovement

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a Bubble-Magus C 3.5 protein skimmer... hasnt really worked well since I got it! I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with this protein skimmer, and how to get this finnicky thing to work! Its a real Piece of work... but replacing it isnt much of an option right at the moment! Anyone with experience with this protein skimmer?

vic67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had the skimmer? Did you break it in with a vinegar bath?

OP
OP
T

TheNowMovement

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had it for something like 6-7 months... it has times where it works okay... then the bubbles go away and it stops pulling anything out! I did not break it in with a vinegar bath... Havent read that anywhere, and was definitely a lot less weary than I am now! lol...

erictorres0311

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had problems with mine with producing bubbles and than not . I don't know how yours is but mine was that the pump was to deep in the water ... I had to raise pump with a stand that I made my self

OP
OP
T

TheNowMovement

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its sitting exactly where it needs to be... Mine too is lifted a couple inches. Ive done almost everything in the book and still cant get it to skim correctly.. literally, it skimmed the best its ever skimmed last night, and now i cant get it to foam past the neck!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 42 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 161 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back