Where can I find copepods?

TheNowMovement

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've found a few places online already, but the deal that seems to be the best is Poseidon's Feast from Amazon for 25 bucks... There are a lot of pods in there, 3000 they say... What would you guys suggest?

Also, Im growing my own phytoplankton in hopes of breeding copepods... how many copepods to you think i need to comfortably start reproducing them? If i dont need 3000 to do it, I can save some money... which is always good... after a while, i wont need to buy pods, so yeah... just curious on your guys' experience.

Wags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a handful of cheato from my lfs for 5$ in 2 month they are all over my tank. If you are going to buy then to seed your tank I would just buy the cheapest one you can get. Your tank has an amount that it can support and it will get there in time wether you start with 100 or 1,000. I believe getyourpods.com has some good deals though!

Hope that helps!

OP
OP
T

TheNowMovement

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im all for the chaeto route, but I cant fit a refugium in my tank... i was gonna cultivate them in another container with proper conditions... already have phytoplankton going, and now I wanna focus on getting a gnarly population of them going... I want mandarins and im putting a lyretail anthias in there in a week... I just wanna know if buying say 100 or 200 will be enough to start this going... and will it be enough to keep my anthias happy.

46gReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GetYourPods.com, their a vendor on here and I've had great experiences with them.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 16 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.6%
Back