200+ gal DT upgrade

1guydude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to combine my two 120g reef tanks into one. Im looking for tips, tricks, or any advise i can get really on setting up and maintaining a system of this size... Ive got most of the equipment from my two set ups. Just would like to hear or live through some exp. good and bad from fellow hobbyist. Thanks
-devin

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Devin, nice to see you aboard man. So you plan on running them through a joined Sump/Fuge or going to replace the 120's with a 200+ gallon display ?
Bigger is always better to some degree, as there are a lot less limitations for livestock and money as well unfortunately. Do you already have a new DT or one in mind yet ??? Feel free to shoot me a call if you want some encouragement bud.
I'm just starting my upgrade as well, stepping up to around 185g DT from the current 125g and try to squeeze another few gallons into a new Sump/Fuge.

Cheers, Todd

OP
OP
1guydude

1guydude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey man, told u id make it over here. LOL just a matter of when.
im looking at joing my two sumps and getting a brand new DT. 48x48x48? But ppl dont like my idea of having it sit low or on the ground.
Also idk how id get it inside my house lol.
-d

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Devin, if serious about the 48" depth you could always de-glaze a window to get it into the house. Have had to do this or directed this a few times with large furniture pieces or soaking tubs. Gotta be careful with those 48x48's as remember what happened to Seth's while he was deployed on the other side of the Globe..... so I guess it really happened to Lisa.

Cheers, Todd

OP
OP
1guydude

1guydude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya I was thinking the Back door slider might come out but I suppose the front window would do.
Do u know the dimensions of ur new baby?

I kno I'm prob gonna need another mixing barrel, lights, hood/canopy, plumbing, floor braced up... Idk. It's over whelming and I'm gonna take it slow.
D

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back