I am a murderer....

Gopi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of vermetid snails. I hate those things. I'm cooking the majority of the rock from my 55 and there are so so many of these snails poking me and cutting my hands. I scar easily, so when it came time for today's dunk, swish, scrub, water change I took a screwdriver to the rocks.

Hundreds of vermetid snails perished. Some of them were pale, perhaps already dead, but off they went. I'm not taking my chances. Some them had grown inch long, soft tubes...off they went. It took me about 2 hours to clear off as many as I could find and I'm glad I did- some of the 'left over' rock that hadn't been used in the reef and had been dry for 2+ years that I'd thrown in to cook had the pest on them now! Off they went. Some rocks got chipped, but I think I made a good dent in the population. Hopefully next week's water change won't be so painful!

JMSKI333

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel your pain. I got a good batch of them in my tank and I just smash them with pliers or bone cutters during my weekly maintenance. I did recently pick up a Yellow Coris Wrasse which might possibly eat them. We will see. Good luck on getting rid of those things. They irritate my SPS

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 39.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 22.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 51 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back