Help aptasia!!!!!

Mike628

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a big piece of aptasia growing in my 4 gallon nano tank and I do not know what to do. Please help me!!!

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's on a rock I'd take it out and snip it off and return the rock.

OP
OP
Mike628

Mike628

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But won't ANY residue spread and create more or make it grow back

Zacco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They make a product called aiptasia-x. It's basically glorified lime water/paste. You take the supplied syringe and inject the paste into the aiptasia's mouth. It will ingest it and implode. you can do the same with lemon juice.

Last edited:

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They make a product called aiptasia-x. It's basically glorified lime water/paste. You take the supplied syringe and inject the paste into the aiptasia's mouth. It will ingest it and implode. you can do the same with lemon juice.

This is what I would do. I would also keep an eye out for more. They can release spores to reproduce as a defense mechanism when they feel threatened. This can cause more to pop up later on. You could get a pair of peppermint shrimp. They can eat them.

OP
OP
Mike628

Mike628

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I would do. I would also keep an eye out for more. They can release spores to reproduce as a defense mechanism when they feel threatened. This can cause more to pop up later on. You could get a pair of peppermint shrimp. They can eat them.
What about one because I have a four gallon nano

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One would work. It would still be a roll of the dice as to whether they will actually eat the aiptasia, but if the aiptasia are small they are more prone to eating them.

OP
OP
Mike628

Mike628

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one that is in my tank is a pretty good size aptasia what should I do?

Last edited:

Arcsenic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just use any product like aiptasia x or I personally use joes juice..no wrrys though..just kill them and keep an eye out for more you will deff win that battle over time being as its only a 4 gallon

Zacco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always used aiptasia-x with great results. Pumps off/ gently place syringe near aiptasia's mouth and slighty touch it. It will grab the syringe like it's a piece of food and then let the paste rip. It will ingest it. Try to cover the aiptasia with as much product as you can when it retracts. If you buy a peppermint shrimp, make sure it's a true peppermint shrimp. You don't want to buy a camel back by mistake if you like your corals intact.

Mgoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried aiptasia X and it killed some but it also made the ones who stayed alive reproduce fast. I got 2 peppermint shrimp and the aiptasia was gone within 1 week.

I should mention that by the time I got the shrimp, I had 2 different aiptasia species reproducing in the tank, I counted over 20 of them, 2 days after the shrimp was introduced into the tank, I counted 7, one week later, I couldn't see them anywhere.

OP
OP
Mike628

Mike628

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I inject the joes juice or the lemon juice right into the aptasias mouth in the fish tank or do I need to remove the rock and then apply the joes juice or lemon juice to the aptasia

Zacco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you have to actually stab the aiptasia with a hypodermic needle to inject it with lemon juice.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 43 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 162 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back