A rare moment in reefing....

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sit here on my desk, in my home, during this overcast day with a rarity of a moment. You see, my tank is clean.. literally there isn't a dang this I can clean in it (I am a clean freak). My parameters are a bit high, but I did my bi-monthly water change yesterday, along with other work, so it's a bit expected that my parameters are a bit out of whack. All my equipment is clean, including my sump, and both my corals and fish look great. I just did a load of filter sock cleaning, so nothing there to do either. I already did my battery of tests this morning (Mostly out of boredom) and it's been recorded in my Mobile Aquarium Software.

I have literally gone back to my tank several times hoping that something needs to be done.. for you see my tank always has some issue that needs my attention... just like most others. Even if the issue is simply a spot on the glass that needs cleaning, that's be great right now because I am uncomfortable with nothing to do for the tank!

Anyone else have this awkward feeling happen? In my eleven years of reef-keeping, this may have happened once, but I sure don't remember it! :lol:

Maybe y'all will jostle something I swore I would do and never got around to doing it... because I can't think of a thing. I know it's supposed to be a good thing, and I tell you, the corals and fish show it as great as they look, but I like fixing things/problems! C'mon Murphy, where are you!!?? :xd:

Cell Phone Picture tax for fun

Last edited:

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Come clean my messy tank Christian, plenty to keep you busy for a few days at least.... have been slacking off a bit just knowing that I'll be building my shiny new 187g upgrade tank and will still have enough Corals to fill a typical 300g when reset.

IMG_20150217_111709088.jpg

Cheers, Todd

OP
OP
Electrobes

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Come clean my messy tank Christian, plenty to keep you busy for a few days at least.... have been slacking off a bit just knowing that I'll be building my shiny new 187g upgrade tank and will still have enough Corals to fill a typical 300g when reset.

IMG_20150217_111709088.jpg

Cheers, Todd
What's sad is I would enjoy that. But then you'd get annoyed when I refuse to put the corals back on the sand bed [emoji38]

I love that yellow leather BTW! Its the only coral I allowed in my tank that isn't a Digitata.

Last edited:

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Christian, a nice CLEAN sand bed is where I'm heading with the new aquascape and have picked up some nice Tonga Branch to get most everything elevated above it. My tank is much cleaner then the above photo now..... cuz I had company over and you know as a Reefer "just aint cool to have dirty glass when showing off your reeftank to another". I plan on having a much cleaner look this time around with a major reduction in number of Coral but nice large colonies of those I keep.... no where near as clean/minmal as yours... lol

Cheers, Todd

OP
OP
Electrobes

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Christian, a nice CLEAN sand bed is where I'm heading with the new aquascape and have picked up some nice Tonga Branch to get most everything elevated above it. My tank is much cleaner then the above photo now..... cuz I had company over and you know as a Reefer "just aint cool to have dirty glass when showing off your reeftank to another". I plan on having a much cleaner look this time around with a major reduction in number of Coral but nice large colonies of those I keep.... no where near as clean/minmal as yours... lol

Cheers, Todd

lol, I should just call mine "The Desert". :lol:

I'm looking forward to yours when it's completed!

OP
OP
Electrobes

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take a pill and just enjoy looking at it. Fish and aquariums should calm you not make you neurotic.

I've always been neurotic, and what reef tank has ever made any reef keeper calm!? :lol:

That pill isn't legal... yet. ;)

abinder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put a tiger pistol shrimp in there. He'll keep you busy putting the gravel back to where you want it.
(Mine is constantly putting the gravel in piles during the night and sometimes partially burying corals that are low.)

Allen

OP
OP
Electrobes

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put a tiger pistol shrimp in there. He'll keep you busy putting the gravel back to where you want it.
(Mine is constantly putting the gravel in piles during the night and sometimes partially burying corals that are low.)

Allen

Funny you should say that, I actually have a Pistol Shrimp who has found the perfect home under a rock. There's a small tunnel but he doesn't really shift any of the gravel too much that I can see outside his home. I think, since the gravel holds better than sand, he doesn't need to constantly shift things back to where he likes it.

OP
OP
Electrobes

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about more corals?? Lol

-YK

My tank is a Montipora Digitata tank only (Minus the one Yellow Fiji Leather), there aren't many Digitatas out there! I am also gearing my tank to have few, but very large colonies. :D

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Christian...be careful what you ask for. Your next post maybe be here locally asking for help because something went terribly wrong!!!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 41.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 34.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back