Fuge Guidance

djbetterly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I put bunch of macro's in what I've designated as my fuge section of my sump and I've run into a few issues. First off, I only have a handful of small rocks in there and immediately I noticed that the chaeto was getting caught on it, so I put a piece of plexi in there to separate the rock area from the chaeto area and now the chaeto tumbles nicely from the over flow pipe. Now the problem is I had no noticeable flow in the other part of the fuge for the other macro's so I put a small power head in there...its working fine except all the macro's are stuck to it. Will the macro's grow fine stuck to the power head? Any other suggestions?

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My chaeto gets hooked up on the rock and it's been no biggy. I don't believe it's actually necessary for it to tumble. Just keeps its ball shape if it does. Otherwise it still grows.
I wouldn't want it stuck to a power head though. May burn the power head out.

_divad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What other species of Macro Algae do you have. What I generally do with new Algae additions is put them in a low flow area with rubble to see if they will attach. If they do not, I either glue or rubberband them onto rubble. This works very well for me.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 41.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 33.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back