Cyano problem

Desertranger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been battling cyano for a while now. i have done multiple treatments with chemi-clean and it keeps coming back, or never really goes away. I have just added a u/v light to see if that helps. not sure what else to do. it is a 40g tank with a 10g refugium that is flourishing. my make up water is ro/di @ 0 ppm nitrates and phosphates are both @ 0 via Salifert test kits.

IMAG0800_zps7p87bi2y.jpg Photo by desertranger1 | Photobucket

hejjo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got rid of mine by cutting back my lights by a third, feeding less, doing biweekly water changes and when I did I'd suck up as much cyano as I could without disturbing the sand and use a turkey Bastet to blow it off the rocks while running a filter sock. With all that it took me about a month n a half to get rid of it. If u can run some carbon that will speed it up. I recccomend only to use rox .8 carbon. There's a demo of the few versions of carbon by bulk reef supply. After u watch it you'll only use rox from there on. It's a lil more expensive but las twice as long and works twice as hard if not more. Make sure u got good water flow as well. Remember it could take a while to get rid of it u jus have to keep at it n you'll notice lil by lil it will slowly recede. Good luck.

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
water flow and I used zeobak but I have biopellets, so not sure if that makes a difference..

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Minimum flow in your tank would be 400gph, and it only goes up from there.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.5%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 81 48.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 52 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back