Best Coral Dips?

Kevin34

zoa and aussie acan crazy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does everyone use? and which dips do you use for different corals? Like i have heard of many people dipping acros in one dip, zoas in another, and lps in something else. I usually just use seachem reef dip for everything and dip for about 5 minutes but somehow my tank still got invaded by flatworms. so what have you had success with? i am setting up a frag tank soon and want it to be pest/disease free.

zona322

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i make a mix of flat worm exit, revive, iodine all in one 5 gal bucket and add a pump and heater in it. let the coral set in there for about 20 min. take them out dip them in fresh ro water and put them in the tank. it has worked good so fare. only thing is with some coral i found out that you cant leave them in that long. hope this helps
craig

2FarNorth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I like to do, is usually I'll get a bunch of frags, like from a swap or whatnot, and when I first get up, load them all in a 5 gallon bucket, 1/3 pill of Interceptor, powerhead, heater, and let it sit over night... generally 12 hours... (works out great, because usually pretty late getting home from a swap)

The next day, I'll take them out, and do a 20 minute dip through Revive, then from there,a Lugol's dip, then dropped into quarantine, which contains Flatworm Exit. If all looks good after a week or 2, they then get put into my display...

Also I always pop frags off of plugs, or rocks, making sure nothing is hiding underneath.

I use this procedure for all my new corals, SPS, LPS, Zoas, anything....

Znut Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Interceptor and Revive for all new additions. Exam under a Magnifying glass w/light.

MikeB

R2R Web Admin & Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Iodine, REvive, Interceptor, and Flatworm exit dips. 15 minutes eachs

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do you guys have new coral that survive? LOL! JK.

Revive for me and interceptor for sps.

seascape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow revs right does any of your corals survive,lol.I use revive zoas and lps and interceptor and revive on SPS

Steve Ruddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I like to do, is usually I'll get a bunch of frags, like from a swap or whatnot, and when I first get up, load them all in a 5 gallon bucket, 1/3 pill of Interceptor, powerhead, heater, and let it sit over night... generally 12 hours... (works out great, because usually pretty late getting home from a swap)

The next day, I'll take them out, and do a 20 minute dip through Revive, then from there,a Lugol's dip, then dropped into quarantine, which contains Flatworm Exit. If all looks good after a week or 2, they then get put into my display...

Also I always pop frags off of plugs, or rocks, making sure nothing is hiding underneath.

I use this procedure for all my new corals, SPS, LPS, Zoas, anything....

Great procedure however I don't think more that 6 hours is necessary for the interceptor bath. I use Melefix Marine or Revive and 5-10 minutes is plenty.

amore169

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Interceptor, TMCC, Revive, Iodine, Flatworm Exit.

OP
OP
Kevin34

Kevin34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so i have been trying to find this interceptor dip for a while and i just now learned its a dog medicine haha. what size pills do you all use? and how much interceptor per amount of water? thanks for the responses everyone :bigsmile:

OP
OP
Kevin34

Kevin34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and does interceptor ONLY prevent red bugs? would it be pointless to use it for anything other than acros?

Nht

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should really give Coralrx a try. I have used TMCC in the past to dip acros and they always browned out afterwards from the stress. For ayear now, I've been using Coralrx for the last year to dip SPS and zoas with minimal stress if any.

Coralrx even takes care if other pests such as monti nudis, zoa nudis, zoas spiders, etc. Eveything that I've dipped showed no stress post dip and colors right back up. I've never used Revive to be able to compare but I'm sticking with Coralrx.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 20 14.5%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 64 46.4%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back