AEFW and what treatments work best fighting the good fight

RogerWilco357

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I have found some flat worms on one of my acros and upon inspection the eggs..i have brushed the eggs off and dipped in an iodine solution made by seachem but that didn't do anything as the worms just laughed .. I now want to try something that will wipe that smirk off there slimy faces what can i use that will not kill my acros? because if that is the end result i might as well take the colony out and dispose of it and the bugs...looking into getting a new qt tank setup . I have a 65 gallon tank i use for fish qt but it needs overflows as it is not drilled so need to go and buy a cpr overflow box and setup the sump ..so i can get ready for the colonies that will be transferred after the dipp kills all the worms leaving me with what eggs i cannot scrape or brush off..6 weeks of fun coming up will try to document them...
thanks for all the help anyone can give me if you have fought the good fight and won let me know , if you lost definitely let me know
Roger

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used a mixture of coral rx/revive, and dipped the acro's a couple times, placing them back in the tank (not using a quarantine.) Dipping was done every 3~5 days, did three dips and haven't seen since. Tank does have a mandarin dragonet and a coris wrasse in it to help pick off the adults too.
All the "deepwater" acro's I put in this dip croaked though, lost a good number of Hawkisn Echinata and a large blue turaki colony I had just picked up, along with two different granulosa's (one colony, one frag.)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back