What is wrong with my Frogspawn??

Chameleon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello yall,
The last 2 days my frogspawn has not puffed up like it usually does during the day. It has stayed in its shrunk nighttime mode. All the other coral from softies to sps in my tank are great. Is this normal or is something wrong with it?
Regards,
Cham

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anything in the tank recently changed?
Flow changes?
Water Quality/Parameters
Any new fish that could be bothing it?
Has it been moved to a different location or has anything been moved near it that could effect it?
Any lighting changes?

capt85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My frogspawns and other euphyllias are what I use to judge my tanks happiness normally.

Check your parameters and see if something is off. If the parameters are good it must be something else effecting it. Regardless no it isn't normal.

OP
OP
Chameleon

Chameleon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It occurred a day or so after doing a 10% water change, but other than that all parameters are spot on. I've been checking alk, calc, temp, nitrate, and salinity pretty regularly. Maybe I should check for an ammonia spike or something? All other things such as lighting flow placement and such haven't changed. Only thing that was changed is my LED optics were removed about a month ago, but I highly doubt its too little lighting because a monti and a acro are placed at similar height and are thriving/growing very noticeably. The closest coral is a toadstool about 6-8'' away. He too has been in the tank for over a month. Could it be allelopathy? idk. I'm concerned now, but I can't seem to identify the problem. Anyone know of any euphyllia pest that could cause this. Here is a pic
IMAG0319.jpg

Back