Calcium

iloveswfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am having a prob with the calcium....i have been adding Kent (part A and part B)
been doing this for 2 days and i have not seen an improvement yet how long does it take....is there anything else i do to get the calcium to get to the correct level

mike007

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What exactly is your calcium and alkalinity levels? Also have you tested your magnesium level? Need to know these readings to help.

OP
OP
I

iloveswfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the alk is 1.025 and the calcium it took 42 drops to reach the blue color...and i dont have a mag test kit

mike007

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you are confused 1.025 Is probably your salinity. You have to balance you alkalinity, calcium and magnesium In order to maintain the levels needed. If your magnesium Is low you will have problems maintaining calcium.

OP
OP
I

iloveswfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the salt i have has magnisium in it i believe i will have to go tomorrow and get mag and alk test kits....also how do you like that ramora skimmer i was thinking of gettin one

beaslbob

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the salt i have has magnisium in it i believe i will have to go tomorrow and get mag and alk test kits....also how do you like that ramora skimmer i was thinking of gettin one

Get the test kits and be sure they have sufficient precision. My first calcium test kit was only precise to 50ppm or so.

Also please read the diy two part here: https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/reef-chemistry-forum/39332-do-yourself-two-part-links.html

With the calculator here: https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/reef-chemistry-forum/36956-jdiecks-reef-chemistry-calculator.html

you should be able to easily maintain your calcium/alk/mag using very inexpensive materials.

I don't use or recommend skimmers so I can't help you there.

all of which is just my .02

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 42.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back