microbacter 7

sbazain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wanted to separate the thread running one right now about flow let me tell you theirs a lot of people in this forum with a lot of experience.:smile: my question is the tank is only two days old I used the same rock I had in my 75 used 25 gallons of the old water used the same sump didn't dean it out " had a bad experience once cleaning it " any ways my LFS guy told me to use some microbacter 7 since is a new system even though the rocks are two years old so I went ahead listening to experience and added the microbacter this morning 5 mll per 25 gallons as the instructions say when I got home tonight the water was cloudy in my experience every time I added extra beneficial bacteria without it needing it I would get a bacterial bloom is thats what's happening that the tank had enough beneficial bacteria with the rocks i introduced its about 100 pounds or more should i keep on adding or not

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. I wouldn't have used any to begin with. You're using well established live rock and there shouldn't be any reason to try and cycle the tank. If you added a ton of uncured live rock maybe.... But with a 2 year old system that you basically changed out the glass box there shouldn't be another cycle.

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I missed the part about the 100lbs of rock, but still.... There's no reason to be adding supplements. Was the rock dry rock? Cured live rock? Or uncured live rock?

OP
OP
sbazain

sbazain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I meant is I have about 100 to 150 pounds of cured live rock wich is about two years old as a matter of fact their full of coraline algae I justI'm
wanted to know if kept dosing mb7 or not but you already answerd That

EW_Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should of went with the ulns does if the rock is already cure. The 5ml per 25g is for new tanks.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back