• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

FS: Commercial frag system / shallow tank

benny z

coral care giver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SOLD

My plans have changed and I no longer need this beautiful system. Really hate to sell it, but I really don't need it and the space it takes to store is too much for my wife to handle. :crossedlips::kiss::cry:

I set the tank up this summer and put water in it this June. I completed the cycle, but never ran the lights long enough to develop any coraline. It is essentially like new - zero scratches or any other blemishes. It was built by a local professional acrylic tank builder friend of mine, built to my specs and cut with precision on a CNC machine. The edges are all beveled and polished - extra details in the finishing work.

It is 7' long by 4' wide by 12" tall, approximately 200g. Coast-to-coast overflow at the end (peninsula style) with a removable black acrylic cover which makes for a clean finish hiding the plumbing. The bottom of the tank is also black.

As a turn-key system I will also include the sump, which was also built to my specs and holds roughly 85g. It has a blue bottom, top frame, and baffles. The system comes with a custom Bashsea 8-36 skimmer which has a Spears brand gate valve and also a Spears ball valve for a drain. I will include both pumps which drive the system. Both are Panworld 150PS press-rated pumps, purchased brand new along with everything else. I will even include the Spears locking ball valves for the pumps (two each...intake/output side), and any other plumbing from the system you may want to reuse. I will include the locline and penductors for the returns.

There are also enough black acrylic frag trays to fill the entire system - enough holes to hold a couple thousand frags. They are built in a 3-height "stadium seating" array.

As stated, everything is in like new condition, run for only a couple of months. I drained the system on Saturday. :(

$3750 takes everything - prefer you pick it up and move it. The stand was notched and designed to be disassembled with a screwdriver. It is built with super-ply, arched braces underneath - will support the tank and a lot more for many years to come. Located in central Illinois.

fragtankupdate.jpg

newsump.jpg

penductors.jpg

tankside.jpg

tankwithtrays.jpg

plumbingfinished.jpg

skimmer.jpg

Video I made when first adding salt:

[video=youtube;nc-JUCIhgXc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc-JUCIhgXc&list=UUUFa5vdkbUuEvOVhpe23QyA&feature=sha re[/video]

Video of the included skimmer:

[video=youtube_share;gY52isQInwU]http://youtu.be/gY52isQInwU[/video]

Video I made for a friend as an overview of things:

[video=youtube_share;xm-rgBFkwjA]http://youtu.be/xm-rgBFkwjA[/video]

Last edited:
OP
OP
benny z

benny z

coral care giver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. It would make a great system for a start-up business, a nice addition to any existing store, or one heck of a slick shallow display for anyone's home. I am keeping my other large system (NOT getting out) - just don't have a need for this one like I thought I would.

OP
OP
benny z

benny z

coral care giver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, but no. Those are no longer made and are like gold IMO. I will be reusing them over a different system.

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's one heck of a frag system. Seems like you had big plans for big named corals :squigglemouth:. GLWS the lucky buyer is getting a sweet looking tank

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 39.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back