• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

SPS Galore and a few Z/P’s - Make Your Own Pack – PIC INTENSIVE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cazieric

Thinh Vu
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice!! I was wondering what your setup up was for taking these amazing pics, well that's of course if you don't mind telling us your secret.

OP
OP
gws3

gws3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Very nice!! I was wondering what your setup up was for taking these amazing pics, well that's of course if you don't mind telling us your secret.

Not at all. For most shots I use a Canon XSI with the 60 mm macro lens. For closer up shots I use the 100 mm macro lens, and for whole colony shots I revert to the 18-55 mm kit lens.

The most important part is having a lens hood with an acrylic piece glued to it so you can take the pics from top down and break the water surface. Other than that turning off the flow and using a tripod to cut down on movement helps. That's about it really. It's not hard given a bit of practice, just takes time.

Qube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my shipment a couple of days ago, amazing packaging and everything was healed and in great condition. The Captain Planet acro is well worth it!! Buy with confidence people!!

scastillo813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It shows shipping to 33579 (Near Tampa, FL) as $79. That seems insane just for shipping. What a let down, you have some amazing looking corals.

OP
OP
gws3

gws3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
It shows shipping to 33579 (Near Tampa, FL) as $79. That seems insane just for shipping. What a let down, you have some amazing looking corals.

It's showing $61 to a business and $65 to a residence for Fedex Priority Overnight to 33579.

Fedex is expensive, but I believe they are the most reliable. The few times there has been an issue where a package gets delivered a day late for whatever reason they have honored my claim for the insured value. This gives me the confidence to cut a replacement pack and ship frags as soon as they are healed, while the claim is processed, so the buyer gets what they paid for.

Paying a bit more for shipping is worth it in my opinion to avoid the situation where the buyer or seller is left hanging because the entire pack is delivered late and DOA or lost all together.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's showing $61 to a business and $65 to a residence for Fedex Priority Overnight to 33579.

Fedex is expensive, but I believe they are the most reliable. The few times there has been an issue where a package gets delivered a day late for whatever reason they have honored my claim for the insured value. This gives me the confidence to cut a replacement pack and ship frags as soon as they are healed, while the claim is processed, so the buyer gets what they paid for.

Paying a bit more for shipping is worth it in my opinion to avoid the situation where the buyer or seller is left hanging because the entire pack is delivered late and DOA or lost all together.

+1 For the quality of coral this guy (GWS) has, Shipping is more then fair, I was born and raised in Tampa for 38 years and you being right on the water and tons of stores there to shop in you can not find this kind of quality coral in them stores, Well you can in one store and it is in Oldsmar Fish and Other Ichthy Stuff but you will pay dearly for it. If you have not been in this store stop by and ask for john and he will get you anything you want. Just make sure you get your heart right with your wallet :).

You can always buy more and get free shipping

kannon50

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^ i second that. i made an account on here as soon as i came across this page. let me know i am interested in a 13pc frag pack.

OP
OP
gws3

gws3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
any of this still available?

^^ i second that. i made an account on here as soon as i came across this page. let me know i am interested in a 13pc frag pack.

The first page is up to date, I can cut just about everything that isn't marked sold out. I am running low on a number of pieces though.

seancc317

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am getting my tank outfitted to be sps dominated. We must do business! Amazing pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 25.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 48 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back