bop_colony.jpg

:moneygrubber:

aquarius77

¡ Viva la revolución!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking of starting a thread on this coral.
What does everyone think of it? I realize we have only seen one pic thus far but whats everyones initial reaction?
Im not impressed with it but it is unique IMO, i cant say ive ever seen that bird before.

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got an email from ORA along with the picture that is posted above. ORA stated that when the picture was taken the coral was in its prime color stage and to expect a color variation. So, I am thinking a color variation would be a good thing. Since it is changing colors there might be some really good morphs once the frags are exposed to different types of lighting.

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like it, mainly because it's quite unique. I'm sure it'll be in the $90 price range for awhile. Not to mention that IF an LFS gets it, they'll probably only get one at a time, so it'll go quick. Give it a few months and it'll probably drop into the $40-60 price range and be more available. It is rather pretty, IMO. It'll be in demand for those who either collect ORA, or those that have all the birdsnest. They'll want to add it to their collection.

aquarius77

¡ Viva la revolución!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt the price will be hiked on this release, esp if thats its prime color stage. Being a bird it should grow with amazing speed so i dont see the justification for high price with this one.

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be even better...lol. Guess you make a valid point. I'm going off of the couple ORA Acros I recently purchased. But you're right, Being a Birdsnest should make it's starting price a bit lower.

jasert39

tang wrangler
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i like it a lot...my contact says he might have it wednesday. which mean I could get it early next week!

bkv1997

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a fan of this one after about a week in the tank.

When i first got it, it looked amazing. Now that it has been in the tank and has lots of polyp extension then contrast from the yellow to purple is lost. Looks best when it isn't happy in my opinion.

Brandon

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Brandon bag it up for me. I will be at the meeting! LOL!

Acroholic

There is no substitute.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a birdsnest I have seen termed "Tri-Color" before. I just sold a colony of this a couple weeks ago. Still have a frag of it. Was part of a frag pack I got when I first started my reef. Skin varies yellow to green with bluish/purplish polyps. I had a poci that was like that as well.
Dave

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 188 71.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 19 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 50 18.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.7%
Back