Purple Death/ Nuclear Green Morth

Dace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About 4 months ago i was bored so i decided to take 1 polyp of each and cut them in half and glue both sides together leaving me with 2 polyps of purple/green polyps on a disc. One of the polyps died right away as the other did good for about a week then the nuclear green side died but the purple side continued to grow and became a colony in time. Yesterday i was doing some work on my tank and said, holy ****, and this is what i saw. Tell me you ever seen it like this. Polyp split right in half.

My Baby

DSC03421_edited.jpg

DSC03422_edited.jpg

DSC03424_edited.jpg

DSC03426_edited.jpg

Hobby

OP
OP
Dace

Dace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How I did It:
I used IC Glue, It took me some time. I was lucky that the stalk of the polyps was pretty big which made it alittle better then if it was a small polyp.

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's really cool.....I suppose when the Nuc was glued to it they shared some zooxanthellae and it didn't show up till the polyp healed fully.....That is really cool. I might have to try that some time as well.....I wonder if the new polyps that come off that will look like that. Keep us updated on any new polyps and how they look...

softiegirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crazy!! kinda like microsurgery to get those glued together tho..... I cant barely even hang on to a single polyp to get it glued down! lol... but i will consider trying this! :music:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome thread! Thanks for sharing it with us! :D

OP
OP
Dace

Dace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow, thank you all for your interest. I had someone from RC (hope it's OK to use this Site) come over to my house on Xmas day to verify it's a true polyps since some ppl were PMing me asking if it was photoshopped together. The guy was really nice and updated my thread over there with his own pic he took himself. This has really brought lots of interest into trying to make new original polyps and I wish all of you that take the time to try it as much success as i had.
Thanks again for all you kind words.

aquarius77

¡ Viva la revolución!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IC gel is just superglue, gel. IC is the brand name, it comes in huge tubes and is thicker than most other brands.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back