Tuesday may be the second day of the week...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

uniquecorals

UniqueCorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...But it's the first day that we've added some of these pieces in a while!

Today's update is definitely a bit more "Acro-centric", with some cool frags of some of our most popular Acros being added, in addition to some great Lobos, Acans, a hot Paly, and a few other treats to mix it all up!

Remember, everything you see here is WYSIWYG...You'll be purchasing the exact coral that you see. And we've got some of the best shipping rates around: FREE Fed Ex overnight shipping on orders over $200, with low flat rate shipping of just $28.00 on orders up to $200. You will automatically receive 10% off on all orders over $250, and the awesome service that you've come to expect from us comes at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE!

If you're looking for something and don't see it on our site, give us a call..chances are we might have it in our extensive inventory!

Here are just a few random examples from today's update:

3quartersinchoregontort-58.JPGUC.jpg

"Oregon Tort" Acro

1andquarterinchblueberrysh-48.JPGUC.jpg

UC "Blueberry Shortcake"

1andhalfinch-mindblowerreefgenacan-lord-125.JPGUC.jpg

ReefGen "Mindblower" Acan

1inchacropora-bonsai-38.JPGUC.jpg

"Bonsai" Acro

1inchpurplepeopleeatercyphastrea-48.JPGUC.jpg

"Purple People Eater" Cyphastrea

This is just a very small sample of the many cool pieces that we added to our website today!

For all of the latest and greatest, be sure to check out our "NEW" section!

Thanks again for making us a part of your day!

We look forward to working with you!

Regards,

Joseph Caparatta and Scott Fellman
Unique Corals

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really loving all of these recent updates! So much eye candy. :)

Could you explain and talk about the new RPS "All Out?" I'm very curious, you guys say that it even kills eggs! But I did read the part about soft corals, and how they will need to be QT for about 2 weeks if this product is used on them. I'd love to hear as much as possible about this product, as the blue to green color change is really cool!
img_9948.jpg

OP
OP
uniquecorals

uniquecorals

UniqueCorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really loving all of these recent updates! So much eye candy. :)

Could you explain and talk about the new RPS "All Out?" I'm very curious, you guys say that it even kills eggs! But I did read the part about soft corals, and how they will need to be QT for about 2 weeks if this product is used on them. I'd love to hear as much as possible about this product, as the blue to green color change is really cool!
img_9948.jpg

This stuff apparently is very easily absorbed into the tissues of soft corals (which can certainly assist in killing eggs), and the material will ultimately leach back out of the coral tissues into the environment, so you probably don't want to risk anything being released into the main display. The neat thing about this product is that the manufacturer stated to me that you could overdose by up to 4 times the recommended dosage without harm to the corals. The color changes when the oxidizer is dissolved, an indication that the product is no longer effective...this process can take up to two hours, depending upon how many corals are in the dipping container.We use the stuff in our daily operations with newly received corals, and are pretty confident that it has done what the manufacturer says it will do.

Zoas do particularly well with this stuff. As you know, zoas are notorious for carrying all sorts of nasty pests, and this product will really work nicely with them. I have seen a number of occasions when newly-received zoas stay completely open during the dip process, with seemingly no discomfort or reaction at all...Then you see all of the dead stuff in the dip water...yuck!

All in all, we are very please with this product, and would not offer it to our clients if we didn't feel it was legitimate, effective and safe to use. It is being embraced by many of our fellow vendors, public aquariums, and some research facilities...We feel it's going to be a product with global reach soon.

While NO product is 100% effective all the time, we are liking what we see thus far. Even a great product like this is no substitute for observation and quarantine. There are no quick fixes or miracle cures, and anyone looking for them should consider another hobby (stamp collecting or something, maybe?). But if you embrace a dip and quarantine protocol, this is an excellent product to work with!

Regards

Scott

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the prompt response! So for zoas, would you say that it should be alright to put back into the display if they are put in another container after the dip to leach some of the dip out? They're so small, I don't think that they would absorb enough compare to other soft corals such as leathers etc.

OP
OP
uniquecorals

uniquecorals

UniqueCorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the prompt response! So for zoas, would you say that it should be alright to put back into the display if they are put in another container after the dip to leach some of the dip out? They're so small, I don't think that they would absorb enough compare to other soft corals such as leathers etc.

I would be more comfortable with placing zoas back into the display than I would say, large leathers or Sinularia...I asked Matt from RPS to chime in here later tonight. I am sure he will add more insight when he does!

Thanks!

Scott

franklypre

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you selling this stuff, how does it do on deepwater acros/ clams/ anemone? I'm kicking myself for not going down to NextWave.

OP
OP
uniquecorals

uniquecorals

UniqueCorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you selling this stuff, how does it do on deepwater acros/ clams/ anemone? I'm kicking myself for not going down to NextWave.

We do sell this product on our website:

Reef Pest Solutions "All Out" Coral Dip 4 oz. Bottle - DRY GOODS - MORE

I would exercise extreme caution with any dip on smooth-skinned deepwater Acros. We have found that many do not tolerate dip products in general, so my recommendation for these corals is quarantine and observation.We have not used the product on anemones, as the manufacturer does not recommend using it with invertebrates.

Hope this helps!

Scott

Reefpestsolutions

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry i missed last night, wife told me i had to do family time. Scott hit the nail on the head. (Do not dip anemones),(Do not dip clams) This dip is intended for use on SPS, LPS, ZOA, you can dip small mushrooms and cloves. We have had good results on some of the deep water stuff like Hawkins.

Leather corals absorbs lots and lots of the penetrating agent and will excrete it back out after time. For leathers we recommend keeping in quarantine for 2 weeks while running carbon. This will give the leather coral time to leach out the chemical and make it safe for its return back into the display tank.

I'll try to be on as much as possible but i am verry busy at this time.

Last edited:

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info! I'd like to try this product out as it sounds like a great all around dip. I don't seem to find an option to order it alone as a dry good product, only shipping option is overnight.

OP
OP
uniquecorals

uniquecorals

UniqueCorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info! I'd like to try this product out as it sounds like a great all around dip. I don't seem to find an option to order it alone as a dry good product, only shipping option is overnight.

Hey Buddy,

You actually beat us to the punch! Good pick up...We just didn't think through the fact that plenty of consumers would want order just a bottle of All Out, so we failed to put a shipping option up on the site...Doh!

It's funny how we can sometimes be so focused on things that we miss stuff like this...That's one of the best reasons why we appreciate when our fans and customers bring stuff like this to our attention! It's very helpful, and assists us in becoming a better company to work with!

What we will be offering for this product is USPS Priority shipping, which is 2-3 days. We will investigate to see if we can offer other dry-goods only shipping options as well. we'll try to have details up later today.

Thanks again for pointing out this oversight!

Regards,

Scott and Joe

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that I have this dip, I'm experimenting with it and seeing what it kills. The bottle says it eradicates "Algae." Would you happen to know what exactly do you mean by that, do you mean it will get rid of hair algae on a frag's plug, or algae growth on a zoa, etc. Thanks!

Also, think this dip would be a good dip for fragging? Or should I stick to using iodine.

OP
OP
uniquecorals

uniquecorals

UniqueCorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that I have this dip, I'm experimenting with it and seeing what it kills. The bottle says it eradicates "Algae." Would you happen to know what exactly do you mean by that, do you mean it will get rid of hair algae on a frag's plug, or algae growth on a zoa, etc. Thanks!

Also, think this dip would be a good dip for fragging? Or should I stick to using iodine.

The manufacturer asserts that the product tends to kill epiphytic algae attached to the corals. I personally have not observed this, as we generally physically remove algae from most pieces before dipping.

Scott

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 86 45.7%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 85 45.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 17 9.0%
Back