• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Neptune Systems Service.. not too happy with them.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Sway70

Team Shallow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an Apex System that's about a year old. I emailed them and they responded promptly. Went back and forth through trouble shooting and tried to see if there was something that could be done to fix it. The issue with the Apex was the first outlet in the EB8 was constantly on. Regardless if I turned it off manually or had it programmed to be off, it just stand on.
After trouble shooting, resetting, updating, etc... It didn't help.

I've had this Apex since last February and probably had it running for 8 months out of that and this EB8 ALREADY malfunctioned.
The solution they gave me was to take the EB8 off my system, which controls my skimmer, feeding, lights, and flow pumps and to pay for it to be shipped to them. They will then diagnose the problem and charge me whatever it cost to fix it and then send it back. After I asked about warranty or any thing in the last email and how could something so expensive malfunction so quickly, they did not respond to an email after.

Instead of doing all that, I decided to not take it out of my system and send it in because I do not know how much they will charge me.
I figured I wouldn't buy another Apex product because of this either...

Alabamareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about your issues. I've had great support from the neptune forum, Neptune Systems Community. I'm sure you can get this worked out on this forum. I know how frustrating these things can be. Apex has been a great system for me but I have had issues although throughthis forum I've worked out all my issues.

bucksfan1976

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was a guy i knew bought a full system, with all the extras, came out of the box bad, Neptune made him give them a $300 deposit via CC and then they sent him a replacement piece with return packaging for the defective then they refunded him . AI , Ecotech never does things like that, What makes Neptune think they are so special

garias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been trying to contact support for 4 weeks no one ever answers i have a bad display posted pics everything on the forums as well and was told support does not monitor forums

I would not buy again spent 1800 on this system 2 months ago

here is link to neptune support forums
Damaged LCD

OP
OP
Sway70

Sway70

Team Shallow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
EcoTech actually sent me replacement parts for pumps that were over a year old, even though their warranty is only a year. I was very pleased with dealing with them.

Ill try their Support Community Alabama, thanks for that.
I just think it's funny how they all of a sudden stopped responding after I questioned paying for something that I had no idea what amount it would be or what was wrong. Before, they would respond to emails promptly but as soon as I didn't agree with them, the emails stopped.

Alabamareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I'll be following this to see the outcome. For three years I've owned an apex I've had great support but I will say Russ M on the forum support site has been my go to person.
By the way what do you have pluged into that outlet? I would like to do some research my self on your issue. Also will you share your program you've got for that outlet as well.

I'm sure you've tried this but I'll say it anyway. Whatever you've got plugged into your number one outlet unplug it and plug a fan or lamp into that same plug and see if your able to manually turn it on and off.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sway70

Sway70

Team Shallow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was always my refugium light. Comes on at night and off in the morning. I heard low voltage will cause them to stay on so I went and plugged in a outlet bar and plugged something in every outlet to run up the voltage and it still just constantly stayed on.

Fuge Light
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Time 21:30 to 11:00 Then ON
If Temp > 83.0 Then OFF
Min Time 001:00 Then OFF

Alabamareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you can take out the set command and from what it looks like the temp has to reach 83 before the outlet will turn off. try this:

Fuge Light

Fallback OFF
If time 21:30 to 11:00 Then ON

Remember wait 1 minute for it to turn on. Let me know

It was always my refugium light. Comes on at night and off in the morning. I heard low voltage will cause them to stay on so I went and plugged in a outlet bar and plugged something in every outlet to run up the voltage and it still just constantly stayed on.

Fuge Light
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Time 21:30 to 11:00 Then ON
If Temp > 83.0 Then OFF

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sway70

Sway70

Team Shallow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still staying on.. regardless of my profile it should turn off if i go to manual control and turn the outlet off... all the other outlets turn off when i manually turn them off.

Alabamareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard of people pluging in a hair dryer to try to unstick the switch, although it not reccomended. I have done it with success myself.

OP
OP
Sway70

Sway70

Team Shallow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not now own a hair dryer so that's not an option for me.
I tried a vacuum.. No luck.

OP
OP
Sway70

Sway70

Team Shallow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About 4 others posted about the same exact issue with their EB8s as well. Seems to be common and Neptune is still doing nothing about it, interesting.

Alabamareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I hate to hear that. Hope there service is not going down hill. The last time I called they had a telephone service and were training new people. Have you tried posting on RC in the vender forum. They may also have a vender forum here as well?

jerwin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 Apex units and I just returned my display for them to fix with out any issues. It seems like the EB8 modules are a little touch about going bad on a port. It would be nice if they design them so you could just pull the ports out and replace them at home. I have spent the $150 to have an extra one sitting around the house. With me getting to have 3 of the EB8 on my big tank and 2 on my frag system. For failure planning of a EB8 and a main computer part is only a wise thing. This is no different then buying a generator in case your electricity goes out.

coralcruze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tagging along as i seem to have the same issues.

DaveMorris

MACNA2016 Co-Chair
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm confused. You say that you have only had it "about a year and using it only 8 months. Isn't it under warranty? I would think the warranty would be at least one year. Either way, in this day and age, not simply taking care of somebody, which would result in them bragging about great service, and instead ignoring them which produces threads like this, makes no sense. DA is still digging themselves out from this type of service issue. This hobby is all word of mouth. The good publicity is more than worth the wholesale cost of one EB8.

garias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm confused. You say that you have only had it "about a year and using it only 8 months. Isn't it under warranty? I would think the warranty would be at least one year. Either way, in this day and age, not simply taking care of somebody, which would result in them bragging about great service, and instead ignoring them which produces threads like this, makes no sense. DA is still digging themselves out from this type of service issue. This hobby is all word of mouth. The good publicity is more than worth the wholesale cost of one EB8.

great product but terrible customer service it took me forever to have them fix my display no one ever answers in tech support

when you tell them something does not work they assume user damaged it or user error

Last edited:

coralcruze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DaveMorris... The OP is talking about lack of support from Neptune systems.

tigerdragon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have not had any issues with neptune support so far. As far as your fuge lights which plug do you have them in? Instructions specifically state low power draw equip should be plugged into the relayed plugs not the virtual plugs.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back