• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Reef2go opinions

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

seanocode

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious on other peoples experience with them. 6 coral items for $30, shipped free. To good to be true or not? I've ordered from them before, but it was for CUC.

FinzAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard many mixed opinions on these guys... Most negative, but recently they have been getting better feedback. I am also curious to what people think of these guys as they have a few macro algae varieties that I would like to add to my seahorse tank

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Used them once for their macro/pod packs. Won't do that again! Just make sure you dip and or QT whatever you get. Till this day I'm fighting Digitate Hydroids :(

Reeferdude56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought about 10 zoas from them and not one survived. they're a chop shop with fresh frags that aren't healed. I wouldn't do it, just not worth it.

wangspeed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used them for pods and CUC. I did have some minor issues, but they corrected them, so I wouldn't hesitate to order those from them.

LetItReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered $29.99 shipped free on Soft coral last couple weeks, they will ship out within 4-5 days and they send you a link to check your order # and couple emails for follow-up which is a good thing. For the items, I did not receive 2 items, and as stated above, "chop-chop". Emailed them three times and finally got back a response and they stated that they will refund me the two missing items. Up until now I don't see any refund which is probably around $10.00. I will send them an email again.

Last edited:
OP
OP
seanocode

seanocode

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, honestly I just wanted both sides of the story.

I bought the $30 free shipping pack(2 purple shrooms)
(1 candy apple red)(1 red people eater they called it)(1 bright green paly)(1 pipe organ)

Been in DT for 11 days shrooms look good candy apples look okay, but everything else looks like it's dead or dying. Should have done bit more research I guess lesson learned.

cdness

2006 - Present
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ordered from them in the past and all was fine. I ordered macro and cleanup crew.

With that said I can say they have received many bad reviews. Take that with a grain of salt though as you don't see people praising many companies and tend to do reviews only when they are bad... They have cheap products and lots of orders because of that. They are bound to make a mistake here and there.

Personally they have never did me wrong so I would consider ordering from them again. However I may look at what else is out there as well though before making a final decision.

OP
OP
seanocode

seanocode

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the bad practice, just wanted to know if it was my setup or not.

saltyphish

Certified Sand Groomer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dipping in anything does not seem to even slightly bother digitate hydroids. I've tried peroxide, revive, and coralx. I wonder if Bayer does anything. I just put everything in QT and pick them off if they appear.

OP
OP
seanocode

seanocode

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to try the bayer "imidicloripid" tonight and see if that helps

wangspeed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got digitate hydroids from someplace too. Can't blame it on R2G though. They are awful, but some of my fish finally decided they were tasty. The population also eventually self regulated, but it may help that I run low nutrient.

Dextereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ordered pods and CUC from them in the past with no major issues. Coral is a different story. The "Free shipping" they offer turns out to be a 2-3 day transit option. Bought a zoa pack and an lps pack with free shipping. When I got the shipping notification I was horrified. It estimated a 3 day transit time! I called and voiced my displeasure and concern for the animals and their response was one of indifference and statements like we do it all the time with no problems or zoas are hardy they'll be fine. Box came in with nasty cloudy bags. Frags were doa or dying and I do not have any of them to date. No recourse because they were a "free shipping" item and I had to upgrade to overnight shipping to be within their guarantee policy. It's buyer beware with these guys and you have to really read into the level of service you will be getting as they do not disclose it to you. I wont be back.

sureal00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want a bag of coral soup order from them.Only thing that ever was good was cheato and pods. Everytime i try to use my gift card credit with them it never works and i have to call in.

TheClark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Terrible experience.

They partial shipped my order, never shipped the rest.

Had no record of what they shipped. Demanded I tell them what was not shipped (hilarious).

Had to fight them through the credit card company to deny charges after waiting months.

I think intentions were good, it is just very disorganized.

There were other times when things were good, some ok, this last one was the final straw for me.

OP
OP
seanocode

seanocode

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, it sounds like I didn't make the best decision. "Knew it was probably to good to be true." Common sense told me not to but had to try, it was $30.

So who does everyone else have a good experience with.

OP
OP
seanocode

seanocode

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've also learned common sense goes a long ways in this hobby.

TheClark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquasd and golden basket are two great ones for me

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back