Is this thing eating my zoas?

reefguy40gal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I realize I could have posted this in another forum...but the picture came out really well.

I bought two sea cucumbers last night at the local fish store.

This morning, one of them is on my zoas. Are these things coral reef safe?

thanks

unnamed.jpg

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome pic! I don't have any experience with these cucumbers, so I'll let someone else answer the question. I do think most cucumbers are reef safe.

OP
OP
R

reefguy40gal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks....pic taken with my Note 3. No idea how it came out so clear and not "purple" like all my other cell phone pics.

OP
OP
R

reefguy40gal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: He has since moved on from his "seat" on the zoas....and the zoas he was sitting on look perfectly fine.

Going to go out on a limb here and say that he's reef friendly.

I bought an emerald crab last night as well to help with a small bubble algae problem.....and when I went to check on him at 10pm last night.....he was consuming my Maxima clam.

I was so ****** off. The clam was perfectly healthy and fine until the crab came along and had a $100 clam dinner.

Akwarius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow cukes are filter feeders. You may find it hard to keep alive long term.

Sorry to hear about your lost clam. Some emeralds sold are imposters. The biggest clue would be sharp rather than flat claws.

tampafishguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: He has since moved on from his "seat" on the zoas....and the zoas he was sitting on look perfectly fine.

Going to go out on a limb here and say that he's reef friendly.

I bought an emerald crab last night as well to help with a small bubble algae problem.....and when I went to check on him at 10pm last night.....he was consuming my Maxima clam.

I was so ****** off. The clam was perfectly healthy and fine until the crab came along and had a $100 clam dinner.

Has anyone else had this problem, i need an emerald for bubble algae too and dont want my clam eaten

Reef Junky150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had an emerald eat my zoas once. He now lives in my sump and don't think I'll ever put another in my dt

jstec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased two about a year ago one began eating my blue kenya tree and had it to a stump he was re-homed quickly the other has been in their since and doesn't bother anything but algae and got rid of some bubble algae on a frag without harming it

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back