got some z's and p's need an id

that Reef Guy

Frag Swap Crusader!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please do not post bad information.

The person with the Corals will then have the wrong information and possibly sell them as such causing a Spiral of Lies and Confusion. (Not the fault of the owner but those giving him/her bad advice).

None of the ones pictured are Green Implosions, Nuclear Greens, or Mean Greens.

I have all three of those and can assure you none are those.

The second is Definetly Radioactive Dragon Eyes.

I do not own any of these other ones so I am not going to comment on them.

I only comment on what I own and know 100% without a doubt are Legit.

I would ask JoshPorkSandwich because of his extensive knowledge of Z & P.

But once again Lets not Guess Here people and start a Snowball Effect of Misinformation.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Tx Medic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please do not post bad information.

The person with the Corals will then have the wrong information and possibly sell them as such causing a Spiral of Lies and Confusion. (Not the fault of the owner but those giving him/her bad advice).

None of the ones pictured are Green Implosions, Nuclear Greens, or Mean Greens.

I have all three of those and can assure you none are those.

The second is Definetly Radioactive Dragon Eyes.

I do not own any of these other ones so I am not going to comment on them.

I only comment on what I own and know 100% without a doubt are Legit.

I would ask JoshPorkSandwich because of his extensive knowledge of Z & P.

But once again Lets not Guess Here people and start a Snowball Effect of Misinformation.

Most of the discussion had been just that discussion not false information I just wanted a little insight as what to call them.

that Reef Guy

Frag Swap Crusader!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of the discussion had been just that discussion not false information I just wanted a little insight as what to call them.

They are giving you insight on what NOT to call them not what to Actually Call Them.

I assume you want the Correct Answers Right.

It seems everytime I read a ZoaID Thread people are giving the Wrong Names and that is very very Bad for the Hobby.

Ever Hear of the Ginseng Kills Ich Thread?

It Snowballed out of Control and is still around to this day.

One person made up this Idea.

Even though it was Proven Wrong people kept Repeating it over and over again.

So much so that many people now believe it to be Fact even though it was Proven Wrong.

That is why you simply Cannot Discuss, or Think it is this, or maybe it is this?

Because people will take it the wrong way and it Spreads like Wildfire.

Many People have Left the Hobby Due to Wrong Information.

I want it to Stop.

OP
OP
T

Tx Medic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are giving you insight on what NOT to call them not what to Actually Call Them.

I assume you want the Correct Answers Right.

It seems everytime I read a ZoaID Thread people are giving the Wrong Names and that is very very Bad for the Hobby.

Ever Hear of the Ginseng Kills Ich Thread?

It Snowballed out of Control and is still around to this day.

One person made up this Idea.

Even though it was Proven Wrong people kept Repeating it over and over again.

So much so that many people now believe it to be Fact even though it was Proven Wrong.

That is why you simply Cannot Discuss, or Think it is this, or maybe it is this?

Many People have Left the Hobby Due to Wrong Information.

I want it to Stop.

Well bud I understand what you are trying to do but yet it will never happen this is everyone's hobby and we will go about it how we see fit not how you would like us too. I do seek correct answers and knowledge but I also enjoy discussions which are healthy for the hobby and identifications because it can show other people on the hobby what makes that zoa a certain kind or whatever. And personally a cut and dry id would be nice but I still want to know what makes it that kind.

that Reef Guy

Frag Swap Crusader!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

So you are looking for "Insight on What to Call Them"

Meaning if you do not get the Correct ID you are going to use "Whatever Name People thought they Were"

Hence you would be using the Wrong Name.

You might as well just Make the Name Up Yourself at that Rate.

Lets Keep Everything on the Same Page.

Spread Knowledge and Facts not Misinformation and Lies.

All that does is confuse and upset people and there is enough confusion in this Hobby as it is.

OP
OP
T

Tx Medic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you are looking for "Insight on What to Call Them"

Meaning if you do not get the Correct ID you are going to use "Whatever Name People thought they Were"

Hence you would be using the Wrong Name.

You might as well just Make the Name Up Yourself at that Rate.

Lets Keep Everything on the Same Page.

Spread Knowledge and Facts not Misinformation and Lies.

All that does is confuse and upset people and there is enough confusion in this Hobby as it is.

Well bud you are taking this way too far chill out and get over it you aren't going to change the world.

rlman41299

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
eventually if you have the wrong name someone will chime in to correct you. That's just how the hobby is. Been there, been corrected, nothing wrong with that.

rlman41299

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not lecturing you. I am actually on your side. Reefing is a free world. We get different names of the same corals anyways from vendors. I have named a corals wrong and someone corrected me. Reefer guy is taking it to whole new level trying to be the "name game police"

Nothing wrong at all with it but I don't need the "reef my way" lecture

bichirfreak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice I like the last one . If know on can help you name it as long as you like them that all that matters they look great . Happy reefing everyone

Last edited:

uperepik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Discussion is the whole reason R2R exist. Why would you come on a ZOA id thread and reprimand someone for trying to ID zoas. There is always going to be bad information out there. We ask questions, we discuss and we filter through it all to find out the best solution. Trial and error is part of the game. We get lucky, We mess up, we learn from it, and we get better as we go.
Then you help others by DISCUSSING what you tried, where you got lucky, how you messed up, what you learned.

If someone takes a bad piece of bad info from a single source and runs with it without doing there homework, that's their own fault.

Corals are not trademarked. People call them whatever they want to, and venders do change the names all the time.

that Reef Guy

Frag Swap Crusader!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Discussion is the whole reason R2R exist. Why would you come on a ZOA id thread and reprimand someone for trying to ID zoas. There is always going to be bad information out there. We ask questions, we discuss and we filter through it all to find out the best solution. Trial and error is part of the game. We get lucky, We mess up, we learn from it, and we get better as we go.
Then you help others by DISCUSSING what you tried, where you got lucky, how you messed up, what you learned.

If someone takes a bad piece of bad info from a single source and runs with it without doing there homework, that's their own fault.

Corals are not trademarked. People call them whatever they want to, and venders do change the names all the time.

If people only posted what they were 100 Percent sure of and not it looks like this or maybe it is this (Just Guessing) then we will Not have bad information here.

Yes, if they do not do research it is their own fault.

If it stays in their tank and they never sell it or pass the bad advice on and are happy then I am fine with that.

The problem is a lot of people sell/trade coral and then this bad advice spreads.

Then people that do not know any better spend much more than they should on a coral that is not what it is marketed as.

They feel burned and leave the hobby.

I want to keep people in the hobby and grow the hobby.

They say the average reefer does this for one year and quits.

What if we keep these people in it longer?

It benefits everyone.

Misinformation benefits nobody.

That is why I posted here.

Now you see my point of view (I am looking at the big picture, something most people do not do).

OP
OP
T

Tx Medic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If people only posted what they were 100 Percent sure of and not it looks like this or maybe it is this (Just Guessing) then we will Not have bad information here.

Yes, if they do not do research it is their own fault.

If it stays in their tank and they never sell it or pass the bad advice on and are happy then I am fine with that.

The problem is a lot of people sell/trade coral and then this bad advice spreads.

Then people that do not know any better spend much more than they should on a coral that is not what it is marketed as.

They feel burned and leave the hobby.

I want to keep people in the hobby and grow the hobby.

They say the average reefer does this for one year and quits.

What if we keep these people in it longer?

It benefits everyone.

Misinformation benefits nobody.

That is why I posted here.

Now you see my point of view (I am looking at the big picture, something most people do not do).

well bud that is your point of view and you are entitled to that and if you want to preach about it start a thread im sure many people would chime in including me. But hijacking a thread is no way to do it.

that Reef Guy

Frag Swap Crusader!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well bud that is your point of view and you are entitled to that and if you want to preach about it start a thread im sure many people would chime in including me. But hijacking a thread is no way to do it.

Highjack your thread?

I gave you the best advice on here.

Your Welcome.

clownfitch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 is the Green Button Paly aka Green Implosion. I have them in three different tanks under aas many different lights and they vary significantly under each. The bright green coloration I get under intense led.
2 is Radioactive Dragon Eye.
3 is hard to see.
4 is a PE not sure on the color though.

My opinions of course. ;)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back