Club PAR Meter

Rob.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Engloid posted this after I mentioned that the club meter's display has gone bad.

I am going to keep my opinion out due to the fact that I have access to a new PAR meter.

I'd like to know from everyone in this matter.

"Honestly, Rob....unless I'm the blacksheep here...I didnt feel it was even useful when I had it. I wouldn't spend the money to get another one. Did others feel it was helpful? It does nothing for telling the spectrum of light and it cant help determine when to change bulbs for that reason. Also, I could find no useful reference for what corals need how much light. How have others felt it helped them...or did they?"

No Spenser, it's a valid opinion although PAR does drop with bulb age, I figured out that my MH ballasts went bad from using the meter.

EvilMel

doesn't click links
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will never use it and don't really want another one but I recognize that other people used it. So I am supportive of buying another one if other people want to.

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will never use it and don't really want another one but I recognize that other people used it. So I am supportive of buying another one if other people want to.
Exactly how I feel. It's not like it's very expensive and will break the club budget.

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not a member but saw the post. You might want to speak to ALABAMAREEF. He's in Vestavia and has an apogee par meter he uses to test others tanks. He tested mine. See what his thoughts are. Just a thought.

Runner

Grandmaster Sparky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found it useful when doing my LED build. Would only use one again if I had access to it and was setting up a different tank setup. Or to check decay on the LED at some point.

Rmorales13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd probably only use it once, well once for every set up, but not really sure how useful it would really be. Honestly never used one before.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 47.6%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.1%
Back