Newbie limited experience with LED lights

drwhite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a newbie...in fact this is my second post. I have only had my tank up and running for 3 months and 2 days. Working just to see how far I can go on a limited budget. I am using 2 Wave Point 16 watt LEDs for my 29 gal tank [about $65 for each]. I started with one when the tank was set up April 8, 2014..Added the 2nd after the tank cycled 3 weeks later. So far I have been successful with frags of Montipora, favias, rose brain coral, bird's nest, moon button polyps, zooas, pipe coral, carpet anemone, frog's spawn, as well as pulsing Xenias, mushrooms, Green star polyps, purple Gorgonium, Yuma..... A little of everything. The easy ones are growing crazy.
Over all I am happy with the Wave Point LED's....only draw back, no way to selectively turn on blue lights only. No turn off switch...minor, as I have the lights on a timer..... 10 hours on.
My plan is to use one of the Wave Points for a sump/ref and the other for a frag tank.....when I move up to 125 gal. As it looks, soon, very soon. As you can see my 29 gal tank is one of the cheep sets which came with a hood and flip front plastic lid. I took the florescent light off, popped the plastic lid off and fit the Wave Point lights directly on the lid opening, very close to the water surface. Limited heat. Would love to hear comments.......as I am reading like a madman and flying by the seat of my pants.

29gal, under gravel filter with power heads, HOB small simple mechanical filter, Red Sea 60gal Skimmer, crushed coral bed with light sand on top. Two fish, Coral Beauty and a Lawn Mower Blennie.
DSCF4239.jpg
DSC_0122.jpg
DSC_0134.jpg
DSC_0141.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tank looks good!

Back