Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a little algae? :rolleyes:

1000017939.gif
It's not a little algae. Anymore. No matter what I do how much I remove it comes right back. I have a lot going on right now too. New property, another project car, and well life. When I bought this tank I told myself if I screwed it up again I was out for good. I have five other tanks. So it's not like I'm done done just giving up on salt. I'm going to find my microscope and see what I'm working with here.

Attachments

• 20240611_173603.jpg
    20240611_173603.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 20240611_173616.jpg
    20240611_173616.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240611_173622.jpg
    20240611_173622.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 14
OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have ordered some pods. A mix of the basic critters most get and some of this snake oil stuff that looks like the Hot Sauce people in New York eat. I bought a new microscope even though I have one somewhere in storage. However I think that the algae is going to run it's course by the time it comes. It is by far the weirdest algae I have ever seen. There has been many many people on this forum with the same algae and they never got any answers.

I have not changed much. Still using MB7 and Bio, but I did add GFO. Nitrates and phosphates are rock bottom. Resisting the urge to dose until I get the scope. But the best my tank looked was when I was dosing. Those three weeks I noticed a large response in the growth of the algae. It was melting away and where I blew it off and stayed off.

The algae blows off the rocks very easily. But where it lands it just sits and keeps on growing. It's thin sheets. But I have noticed where the rocks are hit with the MP40's and some parts of the sand the algae is not growing back so I have hope. The algae scrubber is growing green algae and this weird bubbled gunk that looks like low tide foam. So an obvious bacteria of some sort. It also coats my arm hairs and has to be scrubbed off my skin after tank maintenance. There is also this thick hard to remove what I would assume is turf algae but it is stark white and can eventually be pulled off with a toothbrush and serious scrubbing.

So that is where we are at. I am getting this tank all fine just in time to break it all down and move. Which I think I decided to leave the hobby, although the misses says, "You spent all this money just to give up then? Fine."

Need to order some Nyos, still can't find it! Everyone sold out. Aquaforest takes twice as much for the same salinity. Expensive. So that's where I am.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 106 44.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 113 46.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 22 9.1%
Back