littlefoxx

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PayPal has buyer protection which is super easy if nothing actually ships out
True. Ill look into how pay pal works with them, but I still think they are super sketch and wont order

VintageReefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I love sketch. Lemme know how it works out before they get popular and shut down from too many orders or start raising prices

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Yeah some are but they have a powder blue hybrid for 90, a red sea butterfly for 160, a HQ tusk for 100 ect. So some yes others no. But Im 100% not buying from them lol. I found them searching for a powder blue hybrid tang which I was like 90?? Then looked around and was like dang some good prices on some fish but then others were normal like the ones you pointed out! Just figured I would ask around here to see if someone actually dealt with them! :)
This is pricing but we must also focus on both quality, quality of packing and method of shipping/shipping costs

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting, I googled the website and got one search hit that links to their website, with no mentions or anything on other sites.

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is pricing but we must also focus on both quality, quality of packing and method of shipping/shipping costs
Yeah very true, if they even sell fish! Kinda think they dont wven sell fish and its all a scam!

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Email response from the vendor when asked about US shipping. Confirms my suspicions that they are not legit…

Attachments

• IMG_5876.jpeg
    IMG_5876.jpeg
    91.9 KB · Views: 48

Naekuh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The moment i saw there VOIP was ONVOY LLC. that company earned the tag SCAM from me.

Sorry if anyone here uses ONVOY as a VOIP, please change it.
You will get a lot more people answering your phone calls when truecaller doesn't pop ONVOY LLC. as the carrier.

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never heard of them but the site looks a little bit sus... their social links don't work, "free shipping nation wide" but they don't say where they are located. Their "where are you located" doesn't answer the question and says just "global" and the verbiage seems a littttttle bit off. LIke they used all the buzzwords and google translate. Their number listed on their site is a VOIP number so not traceable and is what a lot of scammers use.

The checkout page is a little strange too - and payment is PayPal, Bank Transfer, or Bitcoin.... all a little bit suspicious to me. I don't even see a page to enter billing info. It doesn't say "secured" with PayPal or Stripe or Shopify so it is a little questionable in that. Their about us page also has weird wording like "We offer plants grown in USA and verified by the Agricultural Department as safe for the aquarium. "

I would avoid - seems like a scam to me
If you go to the webpage source its china. So a scam.

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their Facebook page has an address (100 Berard St Breaux Bridge, LA 70517). I looked it up on google maps and it seems to be a restaurant named Buck and Johnny’s (Ecletic Italian with a Cajun Flair).
Mmmmm, I could go for some good Italian food right now, especially pasta with a cajun flair.

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their Facebook page has an address (100 Berard St Breaux Bridge, LA 70517). I looked it up on google maps and it seems to be a restaurant named Buck and Johnny’s (Ecletic Italian with a Cajun Flair).
I saw that too! Lol

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you go to the webpage source its china. So a scam.
Oh 100%. The fact they said “esteem company” (incorrect grammar) in their email had me laughing. Like who says that in an email?

DO YOU USE A PAR METER WHEN PLACING NEW CORAL IN YOUR TANK?

• Yes! I think it's important for the longterm health/growth of my coral.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Yes, but I don't find that it is necessary all the time.

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • Not currently, but I would like to.

Votes: 31 44.3%
  • No. I don't measure PAR and my corals are still healthy/growing.

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back