OP
rcmike

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not in TN. I do know in Florida you have to but I don't know of any other states where you need it. There may be others though.

OP
OP
rcmike

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I'm just about sick to my stomach now. I just found my female frostbite dried up on the floor. Now I'm down to just the regular ocellaris pair that is spawning. :( I've been thinking about giving it up due to not having as much time and energy lately to spend on it. I'm going to think on it before I do anything drastic though.

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I'm just about sick to my stomach now. I just found my female frostbite dried up on the floor. Now I'm down to just the regular ocellaris pair that is spawning. :( I've been thinking about giving it up due to not having as much time and energy lately to spend on it. I'm going to think on it before I do anything drastic though.

Sad. Sorry to hear that. This has happened to me as well. I just bought a MONSTER Goldflake maroon female for my juvenile lightening Maroon. I’m waiting for one to jump out.
9f38e4dad8ce42ace5f61c10a1ad0012.png

OP
OP
rcmike

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I haven't updated this thread in quite a while. I haven't had very good luck in the last few months but hopefully it is turning around. The regular ocellaris took a break from laying eggs but I got another clutch a few weeks ago. The funny thing is they did the same thing last year around the same time. They hatched and after a few days I had a rotifer culture crash. I lost some then but some made the switch to powdered food and are doing great. I found out my rotifer food is outdated by a few months so maybe that was the cause of the crash.

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Strange... Do you think it has anything to do with the swing in weather each year around this time?

OP
OP
rcmike

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Possibly. Actually I noticed it was around the time that daylight savings time ended. I kind of wonder if it was due to my lighting schedule changing in the Apex.

OP
OP
rcmike

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that would be crazy if they are that sensitive. But... It does make sense!

I’ve heard of some that quit laying eggs if the furniture is rearranged in the room they are in.

OP
OP
rcmike

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took all the remaining babies to Aquatic Critter today besides the few from the latest batch. Hopefully some of my other pairs will start laying soon. I honestly have been slacking on maintenance and am trying to get back in the groove again.

OP
OP
rcmike

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My reef tank that housed the regular ocellaris pair had became overgrown with mushrooms that killed most of the other corals. I had been wanting to take the rock out for a long time and exchange it for new rock but I didn't want to upset the breeding pair. Last weekend I decided that since they haven't been laying recently anyway I'd go ahead and do it. I completely drained the tank and scraped every mushroom off the sides and bottom. I traded the mushroom rock in for new live rock and the tank looks 100% better although it is pretty empty now. To my surprise, the female clown is looking pretty big today and they are swimming up and down the tile I put in for them to lay on. I think they will lay soon.

OP
OP
rcmike

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t updated this in a while because there wasn’t much to update. The clowns weren’t laying much and I was busy with other things so I took a break. Recently several pairs have started laying though and I’m getting back into the swing of things. Here is a video of some lightning maroons with a few snow onyx mixed in. The snow onyx haven’t been laying much so I’m trying mixing them in with other batches. They are all about a month old. Not the best video. I used my iPhone to get a quick one before work this morning.

OP
OP
rcmike

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t updated this in a while because there wasn’t much to update. The clowns weren’t laying much and I was busy with other things so I took a break. Recently several pairs have started laying though and I’m getting back into the swing of things. Here is a video of some lightning maroons with a few snow onyx mixed in. The snow onyx haven’t been laying much so I’m trying mixing them in with other batches. They are all about a month old. Not the best video. I used my iPhone to get a quick one before work this morning.

OP
OP
rcmike

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OP
OP
rcmike

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OP
OP
rcmike

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. I posted that with my phone this morning and I guess it thought once wasn't enough. I've done double pos5s before but never a quadruple post. :D

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. I posted that with my phone this morning and I guess it thought once wasn't enough. I've done double pos5s before but never a quadruple post. :D
Well, i read each one thinking there might be an edit and change, lol. To my surprise... they were all the same, lol.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back