Fishroom Reality Check

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, dude

You know how when you buy a new chainsaw, and everything looks like it needs chopped down? I bought it to get rid of two specific bushes.

Our yard is now -7 for bushes and trees...

5 more hours in the yard today. This Georgia spring is only going to last another 3 weeks before it hits 85oF and 300% humidity, so making the most of it
That is what I was talking about! I just thought it was a man problem till I started trimming and cutting down bushes.

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This happened:

a940345ee3aeff05cb790f69a5603783.jpg
624495a6925f6aad9908f3c4905f0a23.jpg

YT completed 10 days at therapeutic copper power (1.75ppm) and had 2 rounds of GC with Metx2 in between.

PT had already been in observation (since 3/19) in his own 10g waiting for YT to catch up, so now they are in a 20long, with a divider until they tolerate, if not like, living together. Then I’ll remove the divider for 3-4 days before going up to DT (I hope around April 12-14) after 2 weeks additional observation.

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! Happy Graduation! just because they don't play nice in the 20L does not mean they wont in the much larger DT.

Yeah- I’ve been thinking about it. I think I’ll transfer to DT in 10-14 days, regardless of if they are cool.

In my most paranoid periods, I’m worried the PT is still carrying undetectable turbellarians, and the YT is going to succumb at some point soon. I just don’t understand how the older YT had such a bad infestation, and the PT had zero sign when housed together. He has had a FW dip, and three rounds of Prazipro, but I’m still just a touch worried . He has zero symptoms.

Overthinking worrywort is my default mode though, so par for the court.

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thoughts on introducing the YT to the DT first so it can set up territory, then adding the Purple in a week or so?

Dubs83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thoughts on introducing the YT to the DT first so it can set up territory, then adding the Purple in a week or so?

I’d say that’s not a bad idea. From the pictures, it looks like the PT is in a higher weight class than the YT.

Edit: if it gets bad, the mirror trick really works!

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d say that’s not a bad idea. From the pictures, it looks like the PT is in a higher weight class than the YT.

Edit: if it gets bad, the mirror trick really works!

Yeah- PT has about an inch on her, and seeing them side by side kinda makes me realize that she might be a little lean.

Think I’ll transfer her to DT in a couple days, and then let her work out a territory. Then when I add PT, hopefully the clowns, MJF and the YT can keep the PT in check.

How long did you have the mirror on there? Few days?

Cheers

Dubs83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah- PT has about an inch on her, and seeing them side by side kinda makes me realize that she might be a little lean.

Think I’ll transfer her to DT in a couple days, and then let her work out a territory. Then when I add PT, hopefully the clowns, MJF and the YT can keep the PT in check.

How long did you have the mirror on there? Few days?

Cheers

I wouldn’t count on MJF and the clowns. Unfortunately, my sailfin, morish idol, clowns couldn’t care less about the abuse the small PTs were experiencing. I put in a mirror for about 10 days, just taped it to the glass, and for the most part it kept the bigger PT occupied until the other PTs left their corner and he would go ape shet*. I ended up moving the mirror to one side of the tank and inserting some egg crate to separate them to give everyone a break. I was about 2 days away from giving them away. After 48 hours of solitary confinement, he squeezed through and the two of them are bffs. Grazing together and all. Occasionally, I’ll see them dart towards the other but it’s nothing that concerns me.

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t count on MJF and the clowns. Unfortunately, my sailfin, morish idol, clowns couldn’t care less about the abuse the small PTs were experiencing. I put in a mirror for about 10 days, just taped it to the glass, and for the most part it kept the bigger PT occupied until the other PTs left their corner and he would go ape shet*. I ended up moving the mirror to one side of the tank and inserting some egg crate to separate them to give everyone a break. I was about 2 days away from giving them away. After 48 hours of solitary confinement, he squeezed through and the two of them are bffs. Grazing together and all. Occasionally, I’ll see them dart towards the other but it’s nothing that concerns me.

Thanks for the tips man, appreciate it!

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neal, did you decide to dose nitrate? I think I should.

Nah, I’ve had a few things going on and didn’t get time to really think it through. I probably will though- but I’ve had a major Cyanobacteria bloom in the sump, a few small patches in the DT. Going to deal with that first. Thinking of doing a chemiclean dose, but Katie is out of town until next Thursday, so I won’t have the time to deal with it until Tuesday. Thinking I dose Tuesday, 60g water change on thursday.

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am so glad they found each other! What a fun relationship to experience.

Yeah, it’s awesome. Been something I’ve wanted to showcase in a tank for about a decade.

And now they are doing it front stage left on the living room side. My daughter is *losing her ***** over how cool it is

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%

Back