Fishroom Reality Check

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice to see you back Neil. That is some serious crap about the immigration status, but fear and ignorance seems to be the norm these days. Sorry to hear.

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. I'm an English speaking middle aged white dude. I reported to the immigration center and the guy up front gave me a visitors badge thinking I was a lawyer. Whole thing has left a very bitter taste in my mouth.

A snippet I left out- the DMV security guard literally unclasped his holster, put his hand on my shoulder and suggested I 'go sit over there' in response to me telling the DMv clerk that I was leaving and wasn't going to hang around for 2 hours for an ICE agent to arrive. Katie was traveling, I was 3 hours away from daycare pickup. Obviously I complied after that escalation, but it really got my heckles standing up.

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hell of an update, mate.
Aww! My heart just went pitter patter!!!!!’
Look, at that Neil, our buddy stopped by!
Um...except that you have not done a drive by on my thread...I will try to not be grumbly over it...
A sock photo for olds times sake would probably be cool.

Dubs83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Um...except that you have not done a drive by on my thread...I will try to not be grumbly over it...
Your wish is my command :)

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Vic!! Get your own! Lol

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New acquisition. Been looking for a few weeks, little pricey comparatively, but the best specimen I've seen by far.

Flame fin tomini tang! 3.5". A little annnoyed at the store- said water was at 1.025 on phone, then 1.018 at store. Water in bag was 1.015!! So I had a little adjusting to do in the TTM1 tank

IMG_1812.JPG

DS204

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New acquisition. Been looking for a few weeks, little pricey comparatively, but the best specimen I've seen by far.

Flame fin tomini tang! 3.5". A little annnoyed at the store- said water was at 1.025 on phone, then 1.018 at store. Water in bag was 1.015!! So I had a little adjusting to do in the TTM1 tank

IMG_1812.JPG
Nice! We've got one of these too! We named ours XENA WARRIOR PRINCESS.. Because of the flames and all. And the yellow eye shadow! Nice specimen ya got there.

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! We've got one of these too! We named ours XENA WARRIOR PRINCESS.. Because of the flames and all. And the yellow eye shadow! Nice specimen ya got there.
Yeah- she's a beaut! 6th one I've driven specifIcally to go see, only one that I thought 'great looking fish'. Ironically- my local petco have an AMAZING specimen, but it's in their 'coral isolation' tank (a 50 lowboy I talked them into setting up 8 months ago) and its not for sale.

I first saw one swimming around Travis 'fish of hex' 300gallon on YouTube, with a bunch of other tangs. Great looking fish alongside purples and sailfins. I've been looking for a 5" desJ sailfin for weeks too but all the local specimens are 2-2.5" or $300 show fish.

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_1812.JPG
She is very yellow all over. Very cool.

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She is very yellow all over. Very cool.
Stress colours. She was a very nice slate grey colour in the store, avdvher fins have gone a bit more yellow. Very vibrant Orange when I saw her this morning.

They also had a bunch of Midas blennies. I'm desperate to replace Goldie. But they were all 7-8" long, as fat as a bratwurst and cost $89.99. Nope.

DS204

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been looking for a 5" desJ sailfin for weeks too but all the local specimens are 2-2.5" or $300 show fish.
It's a shame that those fish are so expensive where you are! I only paid $120 canadian (which is like 90 usd) for a Desj tang, and it was about 3.5-4". But I had to take it back 2 days later because it was just waaay too big for my tank and the rest of the fish. We picked up a regular sailfin tang which I actually prefer the look of to be honest, even though they aren't as desirable. It's got beautiful coloration and a slight blue in between the 'zebra' lines. It sounds like we share a similar taste in tangs. I skipped the traditional yellow tang and went with a sailfin, flame-fin tomini, and a scopas tang! The tang trio! Don't tell the tang police. I added all 3 at once. They seem to be getting along so far.

DS204

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20200224_165409__02.jpg

Had to return this fine specimen. Just too big for my setup / preference. Forgive my green hair algae! It's a work in progress.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 50 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.3%
Back