OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me too! That is partly why I re made my sump.
THis has been empty for going on a year now - tired of it

IMG_1842.JPG

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@neilp2006 how is the RBTA?
Any change?
Not really. I moved my nearest gyre a bit and she moved slightly in response. I'm going to pay some attention today and see if anything is visibly bothering her

She's got her foot in a crevice under an overhang and is reaching around. Partially open, small bubble tenticles.

Bad pic for show

IMG_1841.JPG

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics from 2 minutes ago

She has a little daylight spectrum par38 bulb for extra light that comes in a few minutes before the main lights (mechanical timers aren't amazingly accurate) but you can see what I'm dealing with

IMG_1845.JPG
IMG_1844.JPG

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so, Tomi looks like she has a mouth ulcer. uugghh. 8 days into TTM and boom, out of nowhere. Youtube has butchered the video but you can kinda see it

off to the disease forum for a read

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started a 10-14 day course of NFG. Hopefully it works.

IMG_1863.JPG

If it ends up being lympho, I guess I need to up my probiotic and vitamin game and hope it stays under control. I just feel really skeevie putting her in my display if I know she has something. I guess I should consider it like herpes infection where a whole bunch of people are asympto unless stressed

Last edited:

bigfish1152

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time to stock up on the Campho-Phenique. Just be polite and ask the tang if she prefers cherry or reg flavor o_O .

I just got a blue atlantic that DOES have lympho and I am all bent out about that! Too rare a fish to give it away. Been on a waiting list at a LA fish warehouse for almost a year, and poof, petco gets it for me the next order!? Sure wish it was just ick infested though, da*n dirty fish store, aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggggg!!!

OP
OP
User

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time to stock up on the Campho-Phenique. Just be polite and ask the tang if she prefers cherry or reg flavor o_O .

I just got a blue atlantic that DOES have lympho and I am all bent out about that! Too rare a fish to give it away. Been on a waiting list at a LA fish warehouse for almost a year, and poof, petco gets it for me the next order!? Sure wish it was just ick infested though, da*n dirty fish store, aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggggg!!!
Since LA and Petco are literally the same company, is be firing LA an email a D.C. SENDINg something up the chain at corporate.

I don't know- petco serves a purpose. I got a big pink spotted goby for $10 from them because a tank mate had ich. Told them I'd take it now, or I'll be back in two days and offer then $5, but it wasn't going to live past Thursday. I took it home and nursed it through Qt. Still have it, 16 months later. The sale tank was empty by Wednesday

Saying that- the guy wouldn't part with an otherwise good looking sailfin tang with turbellarians when offered $30. They wanted $80. Over the course Of a week it was steadily declining. By Thursday they reduced price to $50, but it died of bacterial infection to the wounds by Friday PM. I was a little less than polite to the guy

bigfish1152

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear you about petco. Saw a sick fish, and, like you, pointed out the ailment and even said I would come back and pay full price if it lived after I nursed it but wasnt gonna pay full price for a dying fish. Answer from them was, no, cant do that.

Still, I see your turbellarian tang story and raise you one. With the Atlantic tang, I also requested a clown tang. I got him home and he died the second day. You could clearly see the hemmoraging on his sides, must have got squished during the catch out of the tank at petco cause he went from bag, streight to the bucket. I know what this looks like as I have.......ahem.....accidentally done it myself once. Now, they are trying to stick to NO fish gurantee and deny me at least a credit. So, buy a fish, let them squish it and "I" pay $60 for them to kill my fish? I "think" tey said they would giveme credit but now that they have another one in, its like the issue never came up. We will see if I pay before I walk out the door, gonna be interesting. I even have fresh pictures and everything, so, we will see.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back