ON NOW: Coral Mania Live Sale *All Corals $25* Hundreds of WYSIWYG to choose from!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

CodyBot

Game Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
After Hurricane Michael in 2018 I realized you can never be really ready for what nature can unleash. When we went to bed the night before they were saying it would be a higher cat 2 to lower cat 3, so we stayed.

When we woke up and put on the news they had it up to a higher level 4 and telling people it was too late to leave. Of course, as we now know, it landed as a cat 5. We rode it out in a double wide mobile home and literally went through the eye of the storm. I wish when I went out in the eye that I had taken pictures, it was a once in a lifetime experience. The way you are surrounded by massive cloud walls with a perfectly clear center is very strange.

The damage it inflicted was devastating and I will never ride out another hurricane. Having to sit in a home while your wife and kids a crying because they are convinced they are all going to die is a difficult thing to go through. The house ended up destroyed but we didn't get hurt. Alot of people lost their lives that morning though, we were lucky.
I can’t remember which hurricane it was, but I want to say it was Ike or Rita. That hurricane flew right over us too and we got to see the eye. It’s one of the most peaceful and creepy things. Also, when the storm was coming towards us, all the trees were bending towards one direction. After the eye, they were bent the other way.

I can’t remember what the scariest hurricane was, but I remember the destruction from Harvey in 2017. Harvey wasn’t anything special as compared to other hurricanes. What made it stand out was that as soon as it partially hit land, it stalled. It kept pulling water from the ocean and throwing it on the city. One of my salesmen at the time lived a little east of Houston. His house was three feet under water. I don’t mean he had three feet of water in his house. I mean the tip of his roof was three feet under water.

CodyBot

Game Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
What about teasers of what @Zoanthids corals look like in my tank?
master bower
IMG_2156.jpeg

Glitter trip blasto
IMG_2144.jpeg

Thai sunset
IMG_2143.jpeg
IMG_2057.jpeg

Dead center is the axolotl Goni, behind it blue lightning

IMG_2050.jpeg

Snuffleopagus
IMG_2037.jpeg

Darts maul
IMG_1975.jpeg
IMG_1979.jpeg
IMG_1974.jpeg

Fancy pants
IMG_1971.jpeg

Glitter factory
IMG_1928.jpeg
IMG_1920.jpeg
IMG_1918.jpeg
IMG_1882.jpeg
IMG_1873.jpeg
IMG_1852.jpeg
IMG_1838.jpeg
IMG_1816.jpeg
IMG_1813.jpeg
IMG_1815.jpeg
IMG_1812.jpeg
IMG_1814.jpeg
IMG_1796.jpeg
IMG_1795.jpeg
IMG_1764.jpeg
IMG_1760.jpeg
IMG_1753.jpeg
IMG_1759.jpeg
IMG_1752.jpeg
IMG_1750.jpeg
THE MASTER BOWER!!!

jermzisurmom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live on the coast of Central Florida and I see hurricane eyes probably three four times a year been living in this stuff for 30 something years now I won't leave, couple years back my mom lost her house due to flooding on the west coast because of a hurricane, sad days.

CodyBot

Game Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Zoa Codybot-Bar.jpg

GAME REMINDER
MOVIE NIGHT

title gif.gif

Beach and ocean themed movie night time! For this game, I will post a gif from a movie every hour, on the hour. The first person to post the full movie title gets a point. After ten rounds, the person with the most points wins a $25 GIFT CARD!!!

In the event of a tie, the person that scored first wins. Good luck!

DO YOU USE A PAR METER WHEN PLACING NEW CORAL IN YOUR TANK?

• Yes! I think it's important for the longterm health/growth of my coral.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Yes, but I don't find that it is necessary all the time.

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • Not currently, but I would like to.

Votes: 31 44.3%
  • No. I don't measure PAR and my corals are still healthy/growing.

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back