Hawaii Fish Ban Update

avm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They’re definitely not the same. There are differences from the very beginning and i leave it at that
Hi,

I love Hawaiian fish for their beauty. If hawaii reopens fish like anampses chrysocephalus, flame wrasse, Bandit angelfish, centropyge fisheri, macropharagyndon Geoffroyi.
They will be available again or it’s just the 8 species in the list.
could you please me informed

JayM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I love Hawaiian fish for their beauty. If hawaii reopens fish like anampses chrysocephalus, flame wrasse, Bandit angelfish, centropyge fisheri, macropharagyndon Geoffroyi.
Just the 8.

Kona Diver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the Big island of Hawaii there’s only 8 species approved for take. For the island of Oahu, they have separate set of fish they’re working to get approved, many of which are ones you mentioned

litsoh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the Big island of Hawaii there’s only 8 species approved for take. For the island of Oahu, they have separate set of fish they’re working to get approved, many of which are ones you mentioned

I will be ready with my net and torchlight. Now taking preorders, people!

litsoh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why would that be a joke?

I'm just assuming they'll drag their feet for as long as possible even when the law is passed and Hawaii opens up for fish again. Just look at Haiku Stairs, after how many years they're really only now getting around to taking the stairs down lol

Kona Diver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just assuming they'll drag their feet for as long as possible even when the law is passed and Hawaii opens up for fish again. Just look at Haiku Stairs, after how many years they're really only now getting around to taking the stairs down lol
Things do move slowly here. Technically we cleared the path for the state to issue permits for two years already and we are just now at the point where permits maybe issued.

I remain optimistic based on all the things I’m seeing in my orbit

litsoh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Things do move slowly here. Technically we cleared the path for the state to issue permits for two years already and we are just now at the point where permits maybe issued.

I remain optimistic based on all the things I’m seeing in my orbit

Oh yeah I don't doubt it'll happen soon. At the very least we'll definitely have fish again before the Rail is finished :grinning-face-with-sweat:

avm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thank you for the reply. Do you think the permits will be issued this year or will it take longer? For other species on Oahu, when will permits be issued? Thanks

Kona Diver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the reply. Do you think the permits will be issued this year or will it take longer? For other species on Oahu, when will permits be issued? Thanks
very soon.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 141 43.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 116 35.4%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back